Off-Topic What are your favourite radio programmes?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by FirstHonda, Monday 16th Sep, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There was a bit of chat on the forum last week about the relative merits of radio, and it started me thinking about my favourite radio programmes.

I'm a big fan of BBC Radio 5Live, especially the Danny Baker show on a Saturday morning (well worth a listen if you haven't before) and then "Fighting Talk" later on a Saturday morning.

Danny Baker has been a favourite of mine for years, going right back to the "Six o'clock show" on Friday evening television (LWT) and then the original "606" show each Saturday evening. That was proper innovative radio, a semi-serious 'phone in after the football had finished, some real gems from that era! By the way, if any of you have BT Sport on TV, Danny Baker is now on each Friday evening with Danny Kelly for an hour...and he basically runs his radio show in a TV format. Not sure it works, but certainly worth a watch at least once IMHO!

Also love Ken Bruce on Radio 2 - the formula never changes but it still makes me chuckle and entertains. May be an age thing though, as a much younger colleague just didn't get it at all when I tried to listen when she was in the car with me...:Blink: Pop Master...magic! Must try to get on one day...

So, what are your favourite radio programmes?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ken Bruce at 09:30 for me too in my late 30's and I get his humour allright

3. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, I like Ken Bruce too. He's not shy with playing decent tunes either. Top of the pile for me though has to be Craig Charles Funk and Soul show on 6 music Saturday evenings. Not one I can listen to in the motor but my top choice nonetheless.

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've just over the last six months or so got into Radio 2 through the night Janice Long(although not always like her taste of music) then Alex lester and obviously the Chris Evans breakfast show great entertainment.

5. cv01jw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The only time I really have the radio on is in the car to/from work and then I tend to listen to podcasts. A couple are radio based - Radio 4's Friday Night Comedy and The Infinite Monkey Cage.