Accord/8th Gen What can I do?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ray Ambrose, Monday 19th Nov, 2012.

1. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    I bought the new 8th Generation EX GT ADAS etc etc Accord, with all the attachments Honda made when it first come out. Now over four years old, and it's showing it's age compared with the newest technology coming from rival car firms. So don't want to buy the latest Accord packed with the same technology as the one I've got, yet hear the rumours about no new accord for the uk. I would love to buy the next generation Accord. Feel that many people have the same problem I've got. It's Hondas fault for keeping us in the dark...

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No option but to wait and see.

They may not have decided yet.

3. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Ray, I can sympathise entirely, I love the Accord and would buy another in a heartbeat, but if they don’t commit to the range I’m going elsewhere, the Lexus IS250 has my eye currently…

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Ray, if I where you I would wait and watch what happens. I could easily relate to your predicament if I was in your boots, as loyal Honda Accord customers we need reassurances from Honda.Honda Japan is moonlight all Swindon made car as the practical and viable option to maximise profit due to the strong yen. Honda UK has lost their integrity with their loyal customers wishes and demands and is looking at short term gains to bolster their position within the Japanese board.

So with a wing and prayer Honda Europe and Honda UK can soon get a grip on their petty differences and get some sort of concrete decision out to us.

In a nut shell wait and see how the Honda gods are favouring towards the Accord.

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    i am with CJ on this one. I would wait and see. Compared with likes of our German friends your accord is still light years head!

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The 8th Generation has only been out for just over 4 years, so its hardly 'old-hat'. Its going to be at least another year or so yet before we start seeing news of a new model.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nail on the head Rich! with Honda busy with the New CR-V,New Civic and with eminent launch of 1.6 diesel engine in both cars they won't announce anything regarding the Accord until these models have stabilised and established.

8. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I would just like to add to my comment I made earlier in this thread re: the Lexus IS250, I went to test drive one today and all I can say is - I hope Honda carry on selling the Accord in the UK, the Lexus felt cramped, and not as well laid out as the Accord, I will resume my search for a 2.4EX

9. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Do you think the rumours in the press and the massive discounts on new Accords confirm the cancellation in the UK next year?

Pretty devastating for a car that was only launched just over 4 years ago, also what about parts availability and prices? Especially also as they may keep selling it in mainland Europe.

We may start to feel like Saab owners....

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sat in one in 05/6 when they came out, thought exactly the same thing.

What about the GS?

Never sat in one but I've driven an LS and it was huge - tons of room

11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Honda is not at all in a position like Saab. Saab went bankrupt and was in the automotive world a very small player. Honda is one of the only (car)manufacturers worldwide stil making profit and they are gigantic on a global scale. I agree that the European position is not 'ideal', mainly because of the high yen and stiff European competition.
    Spare parts: doesn't change a thing if Accord is still sold in UK or not. They come anyhow from Honda Europe in Belgium. Honda guarantees spare parts for 10 or 15 years after production stop.

12. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

EU law forces manufacturers to provide spares for ten years after the cease of manufacturing of product.
    Obviously providing company doesn't go under.

13. Ray Ambrose Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ray Cambridge
    richsprint..."massive discount on new Accords?" Don't see them at the dealers, in fact dealers don't seem to want to sell anything but Hondas made in England. My friend, where did you see the massive discounts that may make me change my mind?

14. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

£4.5k discounts apparently

http://hondakarma.com/threads/3149/
    - - - Updated - - -
    I meant we would feel like Saab owners with regard to driving a car no longer made, and used values might drop further.

Parts supply would remain, but less demand might drive up prices more.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Saab was really advance in some of its engine technologies but they never kept up with the pace with other car manufacturer and adapting their cars to suit the market or their customers.

bub bye saab :Wave: . Honda may need to look at their latter years as a reminder never to under estimate your loyal customers. Honda needs to lessen their fascination of chasing new customers when they have no loyalty to your brand.