General What Car Review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Tuesday 3rd Jul, 2012.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Hi all,

Just thought I'd mention that I've posted a review of my Accord on the What Car? website, in the reader review section. Can't believe they only give it two stars...but good that they give real drivers the chance to share their views.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What do car magazines know anyway?

They have their favourites and no matter how good something else is, they will never give it its dues. The Accord is one such car.

As for reviews, I did my homework before I bought the Accord and I am besotted by it. Its the best car I have had. And no crappy magazine moron editor can say otherwise.

Nevyn likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have never taken any notice of car magazine when it come to Honda. A few things Honda don't do

It does not grease the palms of journalist for a good review nor do they do backhanders or sleazy weekend away for a favourable review.

Honda will never get the appreciation in European journalistic circle when you have German car fan boyz lurking around for the next posers car. Cars these days sell on marketing and brand positioning and not on merit. I know (Personally) of a few organised freelancers who are technically on the payroll of a few top manufacturers and use blogs ,social media to leverage the marketing of car.

My advise stop reading these magazines and let the customer satisfaction index tell you the true story and believe in your own eyes and ears not on manufactured sponsored articles.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Totally agree - as I have already said, I hadn't even considered the Accord, but am now SO impressed and pleased that I did having made up my own mind.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They you go you hit the nail on the head , with majority of car buyers keeping up with the Joneses is priority number one, and the Germans manufacturers will win that all day long on shallowness.

6. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

But they give the mundaneo 5 :Crazy::What:

Never had a Ford. Never will.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd rather chop my legs off and burn them than drive a F***. In fact, I would give up driving quite happily.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I do have to admire Ford Racing heritage thou it has the pedigree, which Honda can match to an extent. As for owning them well you know the answer :What:

9. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

He he, Saj can't even allow himself to type it. Bit like me and V**xh*ll...

10. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Same here. I delayed a very long time to buy my first Accord. And, I was very pleased with the purchase. Only thing that disappoints me is that I waited so long. I researched a good deal and perhaps read some negative reviews. But none of them have proven to be true. Thankfully i tried out Accord for myself and am now very happy with the actual driving experience.

FirstHonda likes this.
  11. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My dad has just inherited his first tourer & is still grinning like a Cheshire cat!! He loves it....