Tyres & Wheels What colour alloys?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Sadsack, Wednesday 6th Apr, 2016.

1. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    Hi all,

I have the 18inch 5 twin spoke Legend alloys on my car and am having them refurbished tomorrow and was wondering whether to keep them the same colour or maybe a silver? I am also having calipers painted silver.

Any ideas please? Currently they are like a gunmetal / smoky grey. The car is grey also.

All opinions greatly valued and thanking all in advance.

Promise I'll put some pics up over the weekend once it is all sorted. :Niceone:

Thanks

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I love the original colour of your rims so I will keep them the same.

Sadsack likes this.
  3. v6Echo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a grey Legend with the 18" wheels & think they really suit the car so would keep the same finish. I had them refurbished as part of the deal when I bought the car & was very pleased with the result.

Sadsack likes this.
  4. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had them done now. Slightly darker than original and honestly look soooo nice. Together with the silver calipers the car looks reformed. The job on the calipers is very good and they literally look brand new.

Only problem is I spent a few hours cleaning and waxing and tarting the trim up and polishing windows yesterday, so that I could take some pics. Whilst I was taking the pics my phone slipped and fell straight into bucket of water.

So no pics of the car yet im afraid! Had to revert back to my cracked Note 2 and in search of a new phone now?!?

Pics up ASAP.

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oooooops hope you have it insured

6. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nope unfortunately, never insured a phone in my life and first time this has happened.

You should have heard the roasting I got off the wife.....for the sake of a 15 quid car valet I wasted 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon, was literally dead for the rest of the day, broke my phone and created a load of mess. Never again I can tell you!!!!

Anyway wanted an excuse for a Galaxy Note 5, now just need to wait for next payday which is a whole 4 weeks away :Niceone:

FirstHonda and MickyB like this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Clean car and new phone coming ... I'd say that's a result :Grin:

FirstHonda, Sadsack and legend-ary like this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Defo a good result:Grin:

Sadsack likes this.
  9. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vasilis Kent
    No car wash can give the nice finish and satisfaction of a nicely cleaned up car :Wink:
    a shame about the phone. I am the same I buy them outright and keep them for about 8-10months until I get bored of them. I would suggest the Nexus 6P I am very pleased with it. :Wink:

FirstHonda and Sadsack like this.
  10. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not the best pics but more to come later.

Yes new phone so well excited. Getting a Note 5 so very excited!

20160410_180151. 20160413_184036. 20160413_184010.

11. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vasilis Kent
    Is your interior black? I really liked the wood/leather sport steering. But the only problem is I am sure I will stragle to find it in ivory :Frown: to match the interior

Sadsack likes this.
  12. toffee_pie Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Eric
    Galaxy Note 5 is tremendous, I have the 64GB model. That Legend looks well sir

Sadsack likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Agree, the combination of bodywork colour and the wheels looks...well, just excellent!

:GoodJob:

Sadsack likes this.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congratulations you've got 3 yes's.... That's better than most on BGT not that I watch it, it's just what I've heard. Looks very nice.

Sadsack and toffee_pie like this.
  15. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Sadsack likes this.
  16. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much guys.

Just need to get around to putting on my HK sticker now. Just not sure where.

@toffee_pie I have got myself the Note 5 and truly a great phone. Glad I took the plunge.

@MickyB don't watch BGT? Yeah course.....sounds like a little white lie! Like me saying I've never watched a James Bond film.....wait a minute I haven't!

MickyB likes this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And I haven't watched BGT as I'm nearly always fast asleep prior to a long night shift when it's on.