Detailing What Do You Think of Diamondbrite?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by John Dickson, Tuesday 24th Jun, 2014.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello has anyone else got this on their car? What do you think of it?

I parked under trees the other day and my car was thick with tree sap when I got back to it.

Washed the car as soon as to remove it but it was very difficult to get off. Diamondbrite conserver did the job with a bit of elbow grease though.

Now it's probably the downside of having White Orchid but the paint does pick up small staining which can take some removing and the Diamondbrite doesn't offer the non-stick against flies I hoped it might,

I'm wondering if anyone else has this paint treatment on their car and how do you find it?

Thinking of getting some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Paint Sealer and treating the car with that, maybe even clay bar.

Cheers :Thumbup:
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry John, haven't tried any of those.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No probs JD. I used to use Autoglym years ago and it seemed to do a good job.

Not used it since as I have had Supagard on cars since then which comes with it's own paint seal cream you put on and it dries like a wax and you polish it off but that can be stubborn to shift if it dries too much.

Had Diamondbrite on a car once years ago as well and it seemed to work at first but didn't keep the water beading properties for long.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I had Pure Guard on our black Fiesta. (FOC).
    It lasted about 2 years.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Never used Diamondbrite, but if it is one of those "life shine" type treatments applied by the dealer I've read in lots of places that they aren't great or that they depend a lot on how they were originally applied.

John, I agree with you that a thorough clean, followed by either a good sealant or a few coats of wax is the way to go though...maybe have a look at Detailing World for some ideas, that's where I usually go for help!

There are so many products, and some work well for some people but not for others - there is a lot of personal preference involved. I really like Bilt-Hamber, but CJ doesn't rate their cleaning products. Others love AutoGlym, but I've never been able to get on with most of their products (although I've never used their HD wax which is rated highly). Meguairs products generally work well in my experience. Depends how much you want to spend too!

IMHO I'd suggest a good wash, followed by clay to make sure the surface is clear, then a glaze, seal and wax on top after that to maintain if you want to. Quick detailers work well to maintain too, Dodo Juice Red Mist is the stand out QD product for me, just awesome.

The process/products I used a few weeks ago are on this thread...(I didn't use a sealant though, just wax)

Detailing - Cleaning day is finally here!

EDIT: should add, there is a thread somewhere about clay "mitts" which sound much easier than a clay bar. Worth finding it!
  6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    John I could pop round with a selection of polishes/clay and do a test on a small section.
  7. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

diamondbrite, autoglym lifeshine, superguard and many others are just paint sealants mainly used by dealerships to con new customers into having there cars protected from the elements in which they are 12 months protection plus and then charge £300+.
    There are many other sealants out there offering the same at £30 etc so its just a con.
    I use sealants and or waxes, durability from them are usually around 3-4 months I've found unless you opt for the more semi permanent ones like nanolex pro that i have but yet to apply as conditions need to be perfect in application for curing.
    Anyway to the OP, its all the prep, detar, deiron, clay, polish then sealant or wax or indeed both if you feel but always sealant underneath wax.
  8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers Ed I'll look at detailing world and your thread later - hectic day and a far later finish than I planned so off to kip now as I'm knacked. I've heard Megiuars before and only good things. Will look at Dodo Juice as well we have a stockist locally according to their website. worth looking at just on the name alone - great name!

Cheers Paul that would be good. It's great to hear other people's experiences when choosing products like this hopefully helps avoid a lot of trial and error. When were you thinking of popping round? Let me know when suits you and we'll work a time out. Cheers.

Thanks mate I've heard this before as well about products like Diamondbrite got it thrown in the deal though so thought might as well give it another go. Definitely clean and sealant are the must with a good wax on the top layer for the best finish.