Optional Extras What grade is your CR-V?

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Sunday 13th Dec, 2015.

?

What grade is your CR -V?

1. EX

31 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. SR Navi

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. SR

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. SE-T / SE Navi

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. SE

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. S-T / S Navi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. S

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Black or White Edition

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just interested - without trawling through the garage entries - to see what trim levels / grades we have amongst members.

I went for the SR Navi specifically because I didn't want leather upholstery, and the only thing I think I miss from the EX (which my Sister has) is the electric tailgate.

So, what grades do we have and why did you choose yours - assuming you had a choice, of course!

Toggerefc, Ichiban and Nels like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Great idea @FirstHonda
    Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I always try and get the highest spec possible when it's a used Honda. My dad always said that it's just more to go wrong but being a honda that doesn't worry me. Some other makes I may be more cautious with. But I figure I may as well have all the toys plus I'm sure it helps with resale value or perhaps helps it sell quicker?

4. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Really would have liked the electronic drivers seat with memory, but wasn't worth the extra cost for me.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

With any used car I'd always take a better kept lower spec model over an average condition higher spec for the same price - every time.
    - - - Updated - - -
    ^^ I agree @Lisbon

I had the electric seats in my Accord, and really thought I'd miss them...but as only I drive the car, how often do I actually need to adjust the seat?

Hardly ever. The SR had everything I wanted, and actually had the SE-T had the same navigation unit as the SR and EX (pre-facelift it was a lower spec unit) I'd have been happy with that given the cost savings.

6. MikeM-271048 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Italy Mike Bruno
    Went with the EX as it seemed to be the only way to get all the safety toys. And as it's just the ball and chain and me, leather seats didn't bother me all that much. When I had my first Accord back in the 90s, she left the driver's side front window "slightly" (that is, 100%) open outside the house; the rain came; and the car smelt of shagged sheep for the rest of the lease.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ :lol::lol::lol:

8. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sure I don't know what shagged sheep smell like!

9. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Owned a 3rd Generation 2.2ctdi ex and loved the opulence, quality, reliability, "cream" leather (more tan than cream) and dealer service. My dealership really appreciate you are a customer.
    I love the whistles and bells of the ex (and the Honda sat nav system over the Garmin) plus free 555 package means if something goes wrong it will be fixed.
    Bought one of the last 2.2idtec (big mistake to see this engine go in my opinion. Major competition have 2.2diesels which are more powerful and more economic than the 1.6 Honda diesel. But I should leave that for another thread. Wife has a 1.6diesel Civic tourer so can compare the two albeit minus one extra turbo.)
    Had to be "cream" leather again as I feel black leather or black cloth makes the CR-V cabin a bit morbid and sombre despite the panoramic roof. I would like to see more "bling" in the cabin though. For £34k it would be nice to have chrome dials, chrome air vents etc to finish the picture. Civic owners will know what I mean.

Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @crv2014ex :welcome:

I agree with virtually everything you say in your post above.

Do pop by the introduce yourself section if you haven't already, and also :garage: (well, cars in this case!)

There is a thread in the 4th Generation CR-V section about MPG, and the 1.6 I-DTEC gets variable reviews on that score. Elsewhere, other members get far better MPG from the 'old' 2.2 I-DTEC as you note.

I'm getting almost as many miles to the gallon from my 2.0 litre petrol as the 1.6 diesel...and that can't be good.:stop:

crv2014ex likes this.
  11. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    In Civic guise the 1.6idtec tourer we have returns about 61mpg with average normal driving. If you concentrate on MPG it can average 75mpg which Honda claim. I have had 84mpg on a run from Chesterfield to Durham and back again.
    I can get 52-55mpg quite regularly out of the CR-V 2.2idtec without trying. But that not allowing the wife to drive as she has a habit of thinking it's 1980's with a four speed box.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Hi @crv2014ex
    Please do pop over to Introduce Yourself Andy. It's the best gateway into the club.

I do agree with you love of the cream leathers - They put the car into another realm.

13. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    I bought my Black Edition CR-V on impulse. I was looking for a petrol automatic (with a "conventional" gearbox - no DSG's thank you) 4x4 SUV to replace my diesel Yeti, which although it was a brilliant car, with my low mileage, I could see all the usual diesel problems (DPF, DMF, EGR valve, etc., etc.,) on the horizon plus I wanted something bigger in the cargo area, so after 4 Years I decided to change it.

I went into the local main dealer and he had the Black Edition in the showroom. It was a 2014, end of line, pre-registered (fo Honda. UK with 8 miles on the clock). As soon as I opened the boot and saw the size of the back with the seats down, I had bought it in my mind. There was no hard sell but he had only had it a few days and while I was there 2 separate people came in and expressed an interest.

With the deal that was on offer, I couldn't refuse and bought it there and then.

If I had had the choice, I definitely would not have had the rear spoiler, the totally impractical and useless, peculiarly shaped side steps, the 19" Orions with semi low profile tyres and the honeycombed radiator grille - all unnecessary non-functional, bling in my opinion.

I am however very pleased with the car and haven't seen anything since that I would sooner have. It's got everything I need and more. The only things I have added are front and rear dash cams, side strips and I've bought a set of mud flaps from HH for it today.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  14. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    I actually wanted to buy an SE, but as the showroom had none in stock, and it was almost the end of March, and they had targets to meet, I was offered an SR at a knock down SE price, or an EX. No brainer really. SR please.

As for the EX I did not like or see the point of the Panoramic Sun Roof (if it opened I may have been tempted), or the Sat Nav (I like maps) and the fiddly screen that came with it, and I do not like full leather seats. Wasn't fussed about keyless entry or power tailgate or memory seats either. Apart from these bits the SR has the same features so for me at least the SR was the obvious choice

FirstHonda likes this.
  15. Bomber209 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lanky Aberdeen
    Hi all, I love my EX, though didn't need LDIS etc as there aren't too many motorways up here. The memory seats are ideal, as they differentiate between my key and LOML's so set the seat as required. Wasn't too bothered about the Panoramic sunroof until I used it, great. It has the cream leather interior as I thought the Black to be drab. It has 18" wheels and I've a set of 17"s ready for winter. I got the last of the 2.2/ Auto set ups (I didn't think 1.6 & 9 speed auto a good mix) I'm averaging 35-39 MPG (which is a lot better than my MB ML (27)) I don't hang around and like to chap on. I only use ECON on motorways as it takes an age to pick up speed again. Mainly run with A/C OFF as I don't need it up here (I know it's only supposed to kick in as required, but!)

FirstHonda likes this.
  16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@155695

^^Interested to see that Honda now list 'full length' running boards as a genuine accessory on their website. I think a lot of customers had the same feelings as you about the previous version (which is still available by the way).

Accessories Catalogue – Owners – Cars – Honda

17. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    They probably got the message at last. I have seen some older CR-V's with full length ones and they look much better and are probably far more practical than the ones I've been saddled with.

If they weren't so expensive I'd probably change them but another factor is keeping the car as-designed for ultimate resale value (the reason, you may remember, I didn't want to permanently change the Orions).

Keith

18. jetblakk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vik Corby
    Hi was driving past showroom seen a volvo v9o ford kuga nissan quashqi went in to have a look wasernt very impressed with any of them as i fancied a CR-V how about the one round the corner just come in .Went for test drive came back gave him deposit drove it away next day. It is a CR-V i-VTEC EX 2.0 litre petrol automatic 3rd generation 2010 it is just a pleasure to drive only had it two months and perfer driving it to my last motor which was BMW 320 sport tourer which I had for 4 years nice drive but don't miss it now I got my CR-V :jumpup:
    - - - Updated - - -
    I thought the grade was EX or have I got it wrong
    - - - Updated - - -
    I Think it is EX still trying to work out threds cheers

FirstHonda likes this.
  19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Your CR-V is an EX @jetblakk - as it has full leather :Thumbup:

20. jetblakk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vik Corby
    Thanks for that should have put that in i suppose :Thumbup: