Off-Topic What is it about the weather?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Monday 9th Jul, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What is it about rain or snow that turns people into gibbering wrecks??- I just don't get why they venture out if they are scared to drive!! Beep beep, get out of the way.....

2. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Maybe they've just had bad experiences driving in foul weather. Lots of wrecks caused by careless drivers during storms/snow. That could be one reason so many people get nervous in those situations. Going out is unavoidable when it rains/snows, especially if you have a job. But yes, those careful drivers should stick to the slow lanes and not bog down traffic.

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't mind driving in anything apart from fog!!- but have to say that this past 2 weeks , I have seen the worst driving from men!!! Dawdling about grrrrrr

4. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    I feel your pain. :Smile:

Tentative drivers can be very annoying, especially when you need to get some place now.

Though really, I'm always a super careful driver anyway regardless of the weather. And, maybe I come across as a tentative or hesitant driver. Just think it's different being a mom driving around with a child in the car. I have to focus so carefully on the road and yet keep one eye/ear on her, for her welfare's sake, always knowing what she's doing. Maybe the experience driving for a man is different.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They come out in force when you hit the road Helen, you attract all the loony tunes on the road.

I kid you not every time we are out together and Helen is driving , good old "Farmer Giles" pulls his tractor into Helen's path. Its more or less guaranteed and I have to take a dig.

Then go thru preflight checks to engage VTEC to get past :Rolf:

6. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    That happens here a lot on our country roads as we have lots of beautiful farm land. And, it's always necessary to keep a watchful eye for a tractor or occasional stray animal darting over the back road. Good brakes help in this situation.