Off-Topic What is the 'one' thing you hate about your car?!?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordEZJ, Sunday 17th Mar, 2013.

1. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

As the title says....:Whistle:

I hate how the wipers works on my Accord, passenger side wiper always leaves that line in the drivers view...
  2. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Hmm where do i start (few and not only one)
    Annoying creaking seat
    Irritating whining noise
    Fact its got brain on its own and sometime refuse to start first time
    Still love this car and best one i owned so far.
    Last edited: Sunday 17th Mar, 2013
  3. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

The HFT doesn't listen to me. I NEVER SAID *#*345 grrrr
  4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not really the car but hate Honda for not making an ADAS-compatible sports grille. Utterly stupid that they don't, no excuses for it. Car is flawless though....
  5. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The fuel consumption
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just one small thing, the fact that the Sat Nav has to come on automatically every time I stick the power on or start the car. I'd rather the screen stayed off until I actually wanted to use it.

You don't mean that classic "VTEC whistle" surely? :Aghast:
  7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nothing that springs to mind. Had the car over two years and no intention of changing it any time soon.
  8. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Nah,its a gearbox noise that it bothers me.
    See here

- - - Updated - - -

When screen come on does it prompt you to press ok?
    Do not press ok wait for a bit and it will stay off until you need it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Hadn't heard of that, fair play :Thumbup:

I've only just fixed the Sat Nav drive and am still trying to source a working disk that doesn't cost the earth (v2.11). I'd assume I don't see that prompt because it hangs waiting for me to insert the disk.
    Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    The honeymoon is over and after my first year with Honda there are two things I dislike, one car related and being the electrics mostly to do with lighting and stereo the second is dealerships.

I have two here and tried them both now. While one offers a better level of customer service they both fall short of what I expect. The Northampton one has a severe lack of tech knowledge about my car and a don't give a toss attitude which I do not like one bit. I would happily take it to HH every time if they were not 200 miles away :Frown: having been there once there is NO comparison between the dealers here and at HH. May be its just northern folk are just that much nicer to deal with than those in the Midlands? Who knows.. Not even got a decent Indy round here I could call on.

Example I call the dealer on friday to book having the belt changed for the shorter one. He asked what shorter on? There is no such thing recommended by Honda. I explained the issue and told him about the alternator problem and he basically said no you have it wrong sir! He said they had never had an accord diesel in for a belt swap and no such belt would be recommended by Honda. I asked him to check and or look on this site for the info and he said thats the problem sir people take to much notice of what non Honda techs are saying on the net!! What a jerk... The parts guy called me back and said sorry yes there is another belt which we can fit for £129.99 at last...

All said and done I still love my old Accord, she will only go when I can afford a 8th Generation tourer.. :Drool:
  11. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    The 'one thing': I have to push twice on the remote control to unlock all doors.
  12. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I dislike the large key, Much prefer the flip out type
  13. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Also the h1 lightbulbs...what a crap design, I go thru so many headlight bulbs I can now change them without even looking :Whistle:

But all in all I wouldn't change my Accord for another it with all its problems lol
  14. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

For me, it would be the spoiler under the front bumper: I have a Type-S with the sports bodykit and it's much too low. I've already been caught out on a friend's driveway in London when he insisted I park the car off the street to avoid getting a parking ticket. The resultant scratches were too deep for a SMART repair so I had to get the bumper repainted; a parking ticket would have been cheaper!
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here,Honda copying the european standard when they didn't need to! The 7th Generation is fine one touch unlock.

I wish Honda just stop this fascination if copying everything european..there is no need for it.
  16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree about the door unlocking process on 8th Generation. My VW was delivered with same, but at least you could change it fairly easily to a one press lock/unlock.

Only other thing that irritates me are the stone chips on the front bumper - up and down the M1 when they are gritting hasn't done it much good this winter - but can hardly blame the car for that!

Other than that, still very pleased with my choice. Local dealer seems good too, better than most others I have dealt with over the years. Not part of a big group, perhaps that makes a difference?
  17. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Going back a few years, I unlocked my car in Rubery, Birmingham outside a parade of shops. As I was getting in through the driver's door, a very rough looking lady helped herself to the passenger seat. Whatever her intentions were, I had to stop just short of using force to make her exit the vehicle.

I believe my current 8th Generation feature would have actually been very useful at the time.
  18. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Revived thread mate, but nonetheless the one thing I hate is the massive dent on the side of my car.
  19. Boglost Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

1.0 No auto door locking at 4mph, a la my Megane.
    1.1 Mirrors have to be folded prior to exiting - can't keep as good a look out for bicywicklists when opening driver door.
    1.2 Rattle from sunroof blind.
    1.3 Awful and none 3D graphics on sat nav.
    1.4 Cost of navigation upgrade is extortionate.
    1.5 No rear window wiper.
  20. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Dry clutch release bearing. Damn that noise is loud and such a time consuming (and therefore expensive) job to fix.