Engine & Gearbox What is this pipe - is condensation normal on it?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tals, Tuesday 29th Sep, 2015.

1. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Miles Romsey
    Hi

I have a 2006 2.2 Ctdi Accord - had it for quite a few years and it is now just passed 160k miles. Under the bonnet it has just had a steering pipe replaced and after this I noticed a small (water?) leak in the pipe next to it. I think it seems to be associated with the air con - it's a cold pipe and I did wonder if I am just noticing it because it is close to the pipe that was replaced, Although the insulation was 'roughed up' as part of the mechanics replacing the pipe.

Anyway :Wink: Is the leak normal, what is the pipe - do I need to worry about it and is it worth me undoing the bolt you can see in the picture and trying to retighten or is this garage territory.

Any thoughts?

The pipe in question is the one with the damaged insulation

DSC_0471_zpshjoq4ea1.
    DSC_0470_zpsydkurnfi.

2. Busa1340r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yate
    Does the A/C still work?

If you undo the bolt in #1 picture it probably won't for much longer as you will loose your refrigerant to atmosphere (this is also illegal by the way).

Condensation is normal - a leak isn't. But are you sure it's not just condensation pooling?

Forgot to add......if this has only occurred since fitting the PAS pipe, take it back to the people who fitted the pipe. Looks like they were a bit heavy handed anyhow.

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It will be condensation on the pipe as it's an A/C pipe mine does it nothing to worry about.

4. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

Excellent many thanks for the answers, yes A/C still working fine, I'll leave the bolt well alone. It was a Honda dealership, I asked the pipe to be done in a hurry as I had a long journey that day and it was leaking steering oil so they did it with a hot engine which wasn't the nicest of jobs so I'll let it rest. Must have just noticed it as the new pipe was next to it.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @tals I see you are a new member, it's customary for new members to drop by the Introduce Yourself and say a few words about themselves and their cars.

6. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

No problem, I'll sort that out tonight. Meant todo the garage stuff last night when I have my car facts (colour etc) to hand but got side tracked.

SpeedyGee likes this.