General What is your fuel consumption?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SayamaAccord, Monday 16th Jan, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My 2006 2.4 Tourer gets about 28 -30 on cold start commutes, about 33 on average, and about 35-36 on a run. Honda specify urban consumption as low as 21 for this car but mine has never been anywhere near that low.

The record is a trip back from Holdcroft Honda last Autumn, in 6th gear with cruise control....

HH return trip data.
    Last edited: Monday 16th Jan, 2012
  2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My 2006 2.2 ICTDI gets about mid thirties stuck in traffic all the time round here. But on the motorway without using my lead boots, I get high fifties.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

My 2008 2.4. Saloon 25 if I am was 35 on recent trip to Leeds and that's driving like pensioner.
  4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sounds like it's me who drives like a pensioner lol.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cliff eat your heart out my car has larger wheel and heavier alloys than your car check out my picture this is a Journey to Hatfield Herts and back.

AC on . NO cruise control hovering around 65-70 MPH , according on onboard display I still had 211 miles before filling up . giving me a range of 577 Miles ..

AOCUK Ich CM2 mileage.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oh the worst mileage i have got out of the 2.4 is 19MPG at York raceway :Grin:
  7. eternal422 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 7th Generation 2.0 petrol auto is giving me a range of about 400 miles, MPG is about 30 on half hour urban commute to work. Waiting for a long trip to see what it does on the motorway!

Better than my 6th Generation coupe which was doing 25 on my commute, but then the cold air intake probably knocked the fuel consumption!
  8. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Last year when I went to Croatia on holiday with my old weasel(diesel ) on first day I done about 980 miles and average was 56 MPG.I do miss my weasel sometime.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thats the beauty of the i-VTEC engine best of both worlds power when you need it and fuel economy for pensioners. What is lacking is the sheer thirst of the 2.4 in city is alarming and within 30 minutes you see the fuel needle dropping. If Honda could close the bridge with a clever hybrid whilst retaining the power we have the winner .
  10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Please don't shot the messenger !!!
    This was discussed on another forum and when I posted this I was ridiculed and the urine was extracted.
    Remembering the 2.4 type S has no on board computer just the gauges and a trip reset.
    In July my wife and I travelled from Wakefield to Kingsbridge In South Devon.
    I fill the tank to the brim before setting of. The route apart from the last 30 - 40 miles or so was all motorway.
    We loaded two suitcases and various other items into the boot so it was fairly loaded. Some gear on the back seats and me and the wife in the front.We travelled through the night setting off at 2130hrs travelling at around 50-60mph we were not in a hurry. We had a number of service stops for coffee and a sleep and arrived at our destination at 0545hrs Sunday travelling te was around 8hours 15 minutes. Looking at the trip we had travelled 353 miles and the fuel gauge was reading just above the 1/2 tank marker.
    The return journey was a little more adventurous as I was taken Ill and my wife had to drive from Taunton to Sheffield before I finished the journey.
    Again trip reset tank filled there was bad weather en route and a puking husband but we arrived home around 8 hours later with just under 1/2 a tank of fuel remaining and 449 miles on the trip ???!
    As I said don't shoot the messenger I can only say what the gauges showed me and I would say that at a push 1& 1/4 tank of fuel used and 802 miles covered in about 16 1/2 hours.
    Are my gauges wrong ? Did I dream this? Am I gonna wake up in space ?
    Bring on the comments I've big shoulders!!!!
  11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bit of an interesting comparrison, my 2.2DCI Primera results:

It averages around the 30mpg around town, which is pretty poor for a diesel. You Accord boys don't know your
  12. 93 ACCORD Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

22-Track 28-Town 33-Average 36- Hypermile

In my 19 year old technology 2.0i motor

Im am surprised that alot has moved on tech wise since, but the overall MPG has not for the petrols.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda low toeque engines

Very true assessment Marcus. It also stems from Honda engine design philosophy of making low torque engines and giving a high rev range. So you can use the fruits of VTEC. Also the fuelling map and gearing are all inclined for cursing efficiency rather than fuel efficiency. The I-VTEC are superb to reduce pumping losses with VTC and variable length intakes you do get decent economy and better torque . To be honest I love engines with no torque you enjoy going through the gearbox to feel the power. My love for this type of power stems from 2 stroke tuned bikes ... Honda don't change thing with your engine design just put a beefy IMA with a VTEC kick that will improve round the town fuel economy.
  14. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My past and current car using a program called Roadtrip on the iphone. You put in the fuel and the mileage and it works out the MPG.

Current Accord - 2.2 I-CDTI over 10,573 miles = 44.47mpg

Peugeot 206 1.6 diesel gti over 1,815 miles = 44.92mpg

Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 SRI Estate Auto over 8,180 miles = 37.69mpg

Peugeot Speedfighter 100cc moped :Smile: over 200 miles = 82.01mpg

First Accord 2.2 I-CDTI over 9,928 miles = 41.43mpg

Excluding the bike my current Accord is best on fuel. My journeys have remained very similar over the last three years of ownership of all the cars. Strange how much better on fuel my current Accord is.
  15. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

On today trip from Solihull to Leeds(255 miles) with my 2.4 petrol i got 41 MPG.:Grin:.Who needs a diesel:Whistle:
    demon-knight and Ichiban like this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is amazing for a 2.4 better than the 7th Generation!
  17. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Best I got was 49.8 in my diesel, after more than 200 miles later it is averaging 45.9mpg with mixed driving

It seems to like Morrisons fuel as im consistently getting about 5mpg more using their diesel whereas with Shell or BP I only average around 39/40 MPG

18. demon-knight Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

New personal best, been hovering around 49 for the last few days then got this on a nice motorway run.

19. nileshpateluk Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

25 MPG on my 2.4 Accord, but worth every penny :Smile:
  20. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18mpg on the wifes Focus. That's a thirst thing!