Electrical & Lights What LED bulbs?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by accordgi, Monday 12th Nov, 2012.

1. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Been looking around the forum but can't find the information on what LED bulbs to use. What I hear is that they need to be canbus led bulbs. I want to change the following bulbs for now:

Front side lights
    Interior Roof light front and rear
    Number place lights

If anyone has changed these and can let me know what I need I would appreciate it :Smile:

Thanks

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you can wait till the weekend, I will take pics of all my LEDs.

I can't recall the sizes off hand. Some were CANBUS compatible, others were not. Doesnt make any difference. :Thumbup:

3. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks that would be great and very helpful :Smile:

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll update this thread accordingly :Thumbup:

5. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    iv replaced them on my tourer iv done the number plate, roof, doors and boot

the bumber plate, boot and doors are capless led bulbs and the roof ones are festoon bulbs my cr don't have cambust wireing thats on a 2008/2009

if your doin the ones iv done there are 8 capless bulbs and 3 festoon bulbs

6. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The ones you changed is also for the 8th Generation Accord right? So for example these type of bulbs would do for the number plate:

XENON WHITE 9 LED SIDELIGHT REPLACEMENT BULB ERROR FREE CANBUS T10 168 501 W5W | eBay

7. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    yer i have a 8th Generation.you don't neef cambust bulbs il find the site tomoz and post it up on hear all mine came up to £18 and il take a pic of then tomoz to show you what they are like

8. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    i got my bulbs from car mod shop web site

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I got my LEDs for both my 7th Generation and 8th Generation for this guys warden_jp2002 Stores Auto LED bulbs he has ebay shop White, Multiple LED series items in warden jp2002 store on eBay! and I have been using his LEDs for the last three years and have had one failure due to water ingress on the number plate light.

I have also found the definitive bulb guide chart for all Honda which takes the guess work out , however you need to know your Honda chassis code to use it to its maximum.

Go to this site Koito Japan use Google translate or use chrome, it will prompt the translation automatically. Select Honda then drill down to your model and it will give you all the types of bulb codes.

Get the bulb type and cross reference of this guys LED shop or any shop you want to get the correct LED :Thumbup:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

SajA - Did you manage to get some photos of the bulbs? mainly interested in the interior bulbs, thanks :Smile:

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not seen Saj around for few days now,he must be busy.
    Have a look at this,this one is for 7th Generation but think same bulbs can be used for 8th Generation as well.
    http://hondakarma.com/threads/935/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  13. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    can take some pics of my bulbs if i get home at a reasonable time tomorrow ?

Mine is 7th Generation but I think they are the same? and will give you an idea.

I want to do my side lights but finding it hard to find true Cree bulbs that will fit in the hole..

Last edited: Tuesday 20th Nov, 2012
  14. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bought some WHITE LED SIDELIGHT BULBS CAPLESS W5W 501 but they do not fit snug into the holder, they fall out. Wrong bulbs obviously? I thought all the 501 led bulbs were the same

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any updates guys, can we all share the vendors and sources where we buy the bulbs.

We should get a definitive member approved LED list for all and take this long term guess work out.

17. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Was just wondering did you guys get a led bulb list for the Accord? I am also looking to change all of my standard bulbs to led thanks

18. mcatchpole77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes i would like to do mine to please so a list would be very helpful

19. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

20. thebhoys83 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi accordgi thanks for the quick reply! The led bulbs that you bought for your honda, are they bright? i'm looking good bright lights for the inside and outside of my accord?