Service & Maintenance What maintenance do you perform on your 8th Generation Accord to keep it running smooth?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Abbey, Sunday 8th Jul, 2012.

1. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Would love tips on how to keep my 2012 Honda Accord Ex running smooth, maybe some pointers on maintenance. Such as what I should be doing, when I should be doing it, etc. This is my first Accord, so I'm nervous. I want to keep my Accord in pristine running condition for many years to come. I'd rather maintain than wear it down due to misuse and pay to have it repaired (outside warranty when it expires).

Any advice?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First week of ownership I have just filled the windscreen bottle, washed it twice and detailed it twice.

How old is your car Bev, are yo going to follow million mile Joe maintenance regime of genuine Honda parts and 5000 miles engine oil changes?

3. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    The car is brand new, purchased just this year. I delayed buying an Accord last year for financial reasons. But happy that I got a chance to own an Accord. And, yes I do hope to use only genuine Honda parts. If it's recommended that I have the oil changed that often, then I will do so.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry Mike lost in translation bud? Early oil has never hurt anyone; the oil companies love you as you buy more & more of their oil. You engine will love it and you get the mental satisfaction the engine is being looked after. My personal take on all the Honda's I have worked upon the years..They just love fresh oil especially the petrol engines feel and behave differently to fresh oil.

The only damage is to your wallet, however if you buy bulk oil and oil filters you can spread the cost to a very economical levels.if you are handy with the spanners then you can do your oil changes at your own time.

A win -win situation if you ask me.:Smile:

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Fancy swapping cars for a week, my car could do with a good detail and a couple of layers of wax? :Wink:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The offer if for bona fide petrolheads, not fair weathered goths..LOL

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I am a petrol head, just going through a forced period of economic driving. This will definitely be the one and only diesel I ever own, then I'm planning on getting a 6.2L V8. :Smile: But a trip to Le Mans next year in a DB9 or a Ferrari should go some way to making up for it in the mean time. :Smile:

It's proving a little hard to detail when it hasn't stopped raining in the last few weeks. lol Plus need to learn how to use a DA so I can do the job properly.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    DB9 you say :Wassat: , any chance of retracting my ridiculous remark.. friendu :Friends: