Body, Paint & Styling what might need to be repaired ?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2006-2011)' started by simbac, Wednesday 25th Mar, 2015.

1. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    i want to bid for this salvage Civic but not really sure if its worth it and i want to know what might need to be fixed on this damaged side? ii can see you will need the bumper, headlight, maybe washer fluid container, and wing. what else?

Attached Files:

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Impossible to tell from just that picture but the front crash beam has been smashed in, and that goes straight onto a main chassis beam, so that would be my concern initially. If that main chassis beam is damaged, walk away unless you have experience fixing cars which have been crashed. The rest of the damage looks low cosmetically as the crash beam took most of that energy and transferred it into the chassis.

Do you have access to the car? Really need to see more pictures especially within the engine compartment and around the crumple zones and main chassis beam

Airbags deployed?

3. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    i don't have access to the car but the car is on copart.co.uk. let me put more photos.
    thanx for the reply. the airbags did not deploy.

Attached Files:

4. Nighthawk Guest

Found it on their website.

If the airbags havent deployed, the chassis should be fine, in which case it will probably just need a new crash bar, the inside frame under the headlight pulled back straight again, and then the cosmetic stuff sorted and possibly suspension depending on how the crash happened. To be honest, going from those pictures alone, Id take that job on especially for the 100 quid bid on it at the moment. Would you ship it over to Africa?. Let me show you the last car I fixed up to give you an idea (back when I lived in Cape Town), the chassis on this was gone, had to cut it out and reweld it back together again:

scan0001_zps83d72a2c.

scan0002_zpsc400aa18.

She turned out like this:

scan0013_zpscfbb3a0b.

scan0015_zpsea5ea110.

scan0016_zpsfe800eec.

Providing the chassis is fine on that, which it should be, then go for it if you can fix her up.

5. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Man that was awesome work you did on the corrola. You know your staff man. Yaa would want to ship it to Africa, you know these cars are rare here and I personally like the quality of UK cars as compared to the local ones here. Thanx for the advice would definitely think about it and update you. The thing is my budget is tight I need that 8th Generation Civic the EX or ES and i can't seem to get anything below 3000quid so im resorting to this salvage vehicles that are fixable. If i get this one for less than 2000 it will be fine , i know i can use the other 1000 for panel beating using second hand parts from breakers. so how much did you spend on the corrolla in Cape Town?

6. Nighthawk Guest

I bought her for R12,000 back in 2001 I think it was. Spent around R18,000 fixing her up, sold her for R41,000 to a university lecturer who had watched me build it up

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Looks like the front panel is damaged buddy. You need a full bumper, fog lamp, centre grill. Possible damage to VSA modulator and wiring. You could be opening a Pandora's box there.

8. Nighthawk Guest

Without seeing the car myself, its salvagable from the pictures depending on your skill level and desire, but bear in mind, as its not a common car over there, you will struggle for parts which will bump up the repair costs of her considerably.