General What "new" technology would you like on your next car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holdcroft Honda, Friday 29th Mar, 2013.

1. Over all the years I have been in the motor trade ( not as many as our Greggsy though ) we have all seen a great deal of new technology and ideas installed to all brands across the industry.

Some have been fantastic, bluetooth would be included by many, where would we all be without hands free telephone communication? There has quite clearly been some right howlers also, I would throw in mini disc as a nice easy one to start the ball rolling.

These are a nice easy couple to start with in my own opinion, but whats yours? What "floats yer boat" or "grinds ya mind"

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Before my car got taken away (its at HH bodyshop at mo) I was working on getting an Android OS working on the Sat Nav screen.

I got the display part sorted, next step was that I needed to get button (and perhaps screen) presses onto the Android.

I think it'll work quite well if I can get the control sorted.

So thinking along the same lines perhaps some technology that integrates Androids and iPhones fully into the car.

3. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would rather the manufacturers concentrated on excellent engineering rather than gadgets and "toys". Systems such as high-beam assist are unnecessary in my view.

What I would really like would be an automatic gearbox that didn't cause excessive fuel consumption, but was more reliable in the long term than systems such as VAG's DSG boxes.

4. james m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Most car technoligy comes from motorsport so would be good to get a kers system and drs