Service & Maintenance what parts needed for major service

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by rhinogolf, Tuesday 9th Oct, 2012.

1. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Going to have my new to me tourer serviced by local Honda dealer been quoted £299.99 major service £400 if transmission fluid changed
    what parts are used in this service cars got 68k on clock reason having dealer do is i want any ECU updates their may be put on also back parking sensor not working so need to know what's wrong ,Honda UK have told me they more then likely repair free of charge as long as diagnosed by a dealer as warranty only ran out at end of June. I mentioned price match on servicing and they said they will if get quote with genuine Honda parts.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why don't you ring Chris at Phoenix Honda and see he can assist those price with tranny fluid looks a bit suspect tbh.

Does your car have SvRS enabled? Just saw the 68k miles , need to go to Specsavers lol

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Don't even know what SvRS is m8 only reason taking to dealer is so can get rear parking sensor fixed like mentioned above Honda Uk said they would fix if dealer confirms fault also if any ECU updates.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

So you only want a quote to knock the first dealer's price down?

5. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Correct mechanic i use only charges £30 hr Honda £89 hr but i always supply parts from HH but obviously he can't diagnose parking sensor fault to Honda uk or update the ECU so going to give quote to dealer. Lets see if they do honour this price match that keeps playing on my local radio station.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I take it the offer has to be writing if the Honda dealer has to honour price match and they need to be VAT registered?

Chris at PH has the genuine HDS with the latest DVD for ECU updates exactly the same as Honda dealers none of the Mickey Mouse clones bud.he may be able to look at the sensor and tell you it's a massive job or small job. He got offers up on servicing or have a word with him, that is provided you want to travel if you can't then you have to use the local man.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You do know you can get the sensor repaired without them servicing the car. :Wink: The ECU updates I have given you a solution Infact it a solution for all members, I am sure chris can do them for free if members use him regularly.

SvRS is variable service inspection have a search on it here you won't find the level of detail on this subject on other forums.

8. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Been out to car and the SvRS is enabled and showing the letter A then 130 then what looks like half a sun and star so im making out this means 130miles until service A is needed which in the handbook says replace engine oil and oil filter is that correct??? Last service was at 61k

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A service is oil and filter only,you got 130 days days until next service.
    If it was in miles it would show you how many miles left,this changes depending how much you use your car.

10. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    That's good news then,still going to give it a full service if i use independent garage will they be able to reset service reminder code???

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes Chris can do that I am 100% sure of it or even me :Wink: can't do them on cheap Chinese clones :Whistle:

12. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    cheers Zoran just been going through old posts and on yours it tells you how many miles to service and mine says days is their away to change to miles or days

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave have a read of this Honda Accord SvRS Service Reminder System FAQ it tell you how it works and why it switches between mileage and time and why it flips.

It's all based on how much and how frequently you use the car

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Mar, 2014
  14. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Cheers m8 have had good read through i will be changing oil every 6k will i have to do manual reset every time then??? will this also tell me when all other filters need changing if i keep resetting every 6k or will the computer pick up on cleaner oil in the engine

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes SvRS will alert you when the other filter will need changing as per the codes.As for the system to pick up after a reset and fresh oil and it inpact is unknown as no owner has done this yet.

I am about to change the oil on my car soon and will give me feedback. No doubt you rack up mileage faster than me it may become more apparent to you how the system predicts manual oil changes.

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think fresh oil has any impact on SvRS,I serviced my car at Honda in July before I went on holiday and then changed oil in August when I came back from holiday.
    SvRS showed exact same mileage when I changed the oil myself.Think is more to do how you use your car.
    More city driving and it will be shorter intervals between services.
    My car due for service again and is been serviced in July.
    That's how I see it anyway.

Ichiban likes this.
  17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is true forgot about that .:Search: