Off-Topic What shoes you wear while driving?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by legend-ary, Tuesday 19th Jan, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I know sounds a bit strange but I have a favourite pair of shoes that I always wear while driving. They are no longer very presentable but I find that driving with those on I can control the car better as I can feel exactly what is going on with the pedals. I always keep my actual shoes in the back and change to them once parked! :Grin:

Was just wondering, is it only me who is a bit crazy or do you have any 'preferred' driving shoes too?

2. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I must admit I have preferred driving shoes and trainers because of the better feel - sometimes changing into proper shoes when parked up - and these for snowy conditions. Lol ! ! !

image.

ACC-CDI-2T and legend-ary like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    bijomaru and legend-ary like this.
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I just wear my regular trainers most of the time, pair of Kswiss Lozan or Geox boots, much prefer wearing trainers as its more comfortable to use, I find it hard to drive with shoes, like formal shoes, so if i'm ever wearing one I always take my trainers with me and swap when driving.

I used to wear etnies trainers before and one of the model I used to wear had a quite a thin sole and I actually used to find it really uncomfortable, in start stop traffic my heals used to start aching from constantly dipping clutch in and out and its quite heavy on mine so I prefer something with a thicker sole with some cushioning, which doesn't take away the feel for me, you get used to it too.

Those Puma ones look a bit too thin, would be uncomfortable.

legend-ary likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Long time back if I were to go on a long journey for work reasons I would put my shoes in the car and wear trainers, at the destination I would switch to the shoes.
    There was this one occasion where I actually forgot to change footwear turned up at the British Gas office in Bath. So I turned up at the reception area all suited but not quite booted, luckily I realised my mistake before getting to the reception desk and quickly went back to the car and changed to my shoes.

I grew out of that habit a long time ago though, now just drive with whatever I am wearing.

Last edited: Wednesday 20th Jan, 2016
    legend-ary likes this.
  7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Whatever I'm wearing except for long drives where I'll usually just stick some trainers on

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Actually I haven't tried trainers for a while.. In my Yaris I found it easier to use heavy boots for motorways as the pedals were quite hard with Jazz I just use my loafers with super soft soles.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Slight thicker than the puma's I have been wearing ASICS the very best of Japan since early 90's. They work for me even in heel and toe.

SpeedyGee and legend-ary like this.
  10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rigger boots lol usually trainers if I'm off a long way but at this time of year get so shitted up look at me alloy sports peddles there filthy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453298315.786517.

legend-ary likes this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

o wow.. those are some big boots. you can press all pedals with one stomp with these :lol:
    but what are you driving here??? can't be the Accord.... or is it :O

12. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I really wouldn't feel safe with those heavy boots on! I'm one of those who wears trainers and then changes at the destination.

13. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I wear my slippers... or to be precise, a pair of moccasins with a proper sole on them... In fact, they're my go to footwear for everything I can get away with. :Smile:

I've gotten so used to driving in them that driving in trainers or shoes feels positively alien and very uncomfortable to me.

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol I have driven the Accord in them but it's a struggle! In my works truck at moment V8 Scania hence the fancy pedals and stuff it's got more blingy bits inside and more ambient lights than my Accord will ever have lol

legend-ary likes this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We need pictures V8 eh that's a beast.

16. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Stilletos of course.

exec likes this.
  17. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

She is mate 16 litres 580hp :Smile: can't see a right lot without tilting cab in all honesty. This is a euro 6 engine I've not even seen it with can up but from what boss told me there is loads more crap bolted onto them and there totally different to the euro 5 version which is what I had before. Even got a DPF regen button just in case lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453329641.475572.

legend-ary likes this.
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    See lorry s can do a regen why can't cars do that! A lot of buttons Dave.