Suspension, Steering and Brakes What size brake pads for Accord tourer?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by sev, Thursday 2nd May, 2013.

1. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Went to parts store, gave a guy reg number, bought rear brake pads, came back home to replace them and guess what.... don't fit. To big.
    Now, I have done some research and found that there are two sizes available on the market. 93.5 mm and 88.9 mm.
    But normaly 88.9 goes to Salon or Type-S. In going to replace them tomorrow. What should I tell the salesman. Should I ask for the other one, or is there more types.
    Just to make it clear. I need them for Accord Tourer EX GT ADAS 2.2 I-DTEC. Thanks for any help.

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not a rant but please don't take it personally

This is another reason why I use genuine Honda parts. The Honda parts guys will give you the right part for the car according to your car reg number or VIN number.I hate messing around stripping down the car to find it the wrong part to put all together back go back to the shop and hunt for the right part get back and do the whole thing again. What do you save in money you DO not save in hassle and time. No amount of money can buy your lost time so do you actually save buying a inferior part with a lower price tag? NO way

Not to mention threads like this to find out what correct part do I use.. it not rocket science is it !!

Coming back to your issue Sev how much were these non genuine pads for I say call up HH (Holdcroft Honda) they have a deal on for genuine pads and disc at reduced prices compare the price you paid for the non genuine part.

They will delivery the correct part for you next day free delivery..call them tomorrow.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  5. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fully agree, but...
    The wear sound indicator started to grind my disks, so poped in to get anything just to replace them ASAP. Couldn't stand the noise. Apart from that, standing out on the road because of loud exchaust might be nice, but not because of noise breaks :Wink:
    Now, as long as I went for Honda because of good Japanese quality as lot I have heard about bad quality clutches and breaks.
    Had EBC greenstuff on my mind but all they had was some Eirchel stuff for £30.
    Btw. Holdcroft guys do sets with disk. I need only pads, but thanks.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can get pads on there own too ..

7. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep they will sell just the pads:Smile: the Honda ones will fit won't cost much more if at all will be better quality and probably stop you better to. Ring HH bud.

8. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeh... Its a long weekend. Have to sort it out tomorrow. Think will finaly pop in to get Honda ones.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted if you are doing a DIY please share it with the rest.

10. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have returned the wrong pads and got myself a set from Honda. Only &40.92 (including 10% discount thanks to my service plan).
    Anyone knows what torque settings should I use ?

Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sev good point buddy I will get torque setting up tonight the information we have at the moment does not cover rear 8th Generation Accords Tourers

12. sev Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

23 Nm - thats what US service manual says. I reckon it will ne the same.

13. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Is indeed 23 Nm.

14. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know the feeling, I had a Renault 16 in my youth - they were randomly fitted with one of three different brake systems, none of them remotely compatible, and there was no way for a dealer to know what was on any given car till the old parts were brought in to be checked over. It turned out mine was even different manufacturers front and rear, not that bad once you know but still makes a simple bit of maintenance a total pain.

Ichiban likes this.