General What size wheels are you running on your accord?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by more-door-Accord, Saturday 10th Nov, 2012.

1. more-door-Accord Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey everyone i'm looking into getting a set of alloys on the Accord but i'm worried about it coming out looking "chavy" i think the word is..
    just wondering what size everyone is running on thier Accords as i've never owned a larger vehicle than a golf 2nd Generation
    any pics and info would be great

many thanks :Smile:

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

16s, quieter, more comfortable ride.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    17 at the moment on my 8th Generation , 18 on my 7th Generation.

18 is stiff and harsh on rough roads but soon will love the sporty performance, poor fuel economy in town meant for motorways. Lowers engine revs on high speed cursing. Expensive tyres... no point going for budget tyres false economy.

17 thicker walls more compliant more focused to city driving and deals with adverse cambers adequately. Body roll in corners when pushed. Good fuel efficiency in town, higher engine revs on motorway speeds.

16 cheaper tyre to buy really good fuel efficiency, runs out of steam on top end no sport feel what so ever when pushed. great feel on twisty roads due to lightness but when pushed understeers like crazy.

15 inch wheel (7th Generation 2.0 ) Taxi tyres.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

18 at the moment but thinking of changing to 17 due to hard ride.
    Unfortunately Honda don't have Delta's in 17 ,still looking for something I like.

5. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    This is great info, Ichiban. Thanks a lot. The 2.0 Elegance 2011 I bought (don't drive her yet) has the standard 16 inch wheels, but I was wondering if 17 or 18 would make a big difference. And if so: what difference.

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

16inch wheels for me. Thought about 18 but they wouldn't last two minutes with the state of the roads round here.

7. derlish New Member Getting Started

Would 18" wheels with a 235/40/18 fit an 7th Generation accord?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You ideally want 225/40/18 35 will fit thou.

9. derlish New Member Getting Started

I've bought 18" wheels from 2012 Kia Sportage. The wheel is I think 18x7 so it would support 225/40/18 but the offset is 41. Would that fit?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kia on a Honda dude with all due respect why oh why ... those alloys will weigh a tonne.

You will need spigot rings

11. derlish New Member Getting Started

I didn't like the original 16" ones and these where the only ones I could find near me that where reasonably priced (140 for a set). Spigot rings I've got sorted, but will the fit otherwise? They are good looking set off wheels with nice diamond cut face. I know lacquer won't last but I've mirror polished a set of alloy before.