General What tyres?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by intruder, Saturday 6th Jul, 2013.

1. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Hey guys,

What's the best rubber for sporty driving on 225/45 R17 wheels? Bridgestone Potenza, Yokohama Advan or something else? Any opinions?

Currently Potenzas ending there lives on my wheels. I was happy with their stability both on dry and wet conditions. Downside was that front tyres worn out too quickly (got them new last August together with a car from dealer), but I bet it was more likely my own fault and not the rubber, as I didn't swap fronts with rears all the ~17k miles and wheel alignment was wrong in front. So now ex fronts running at rear for some 3k miles, but anyway almost nothing left on there. Will have my MOT on 20th of July, possibly will fail due to tyres. So will need to buy new ones.

Very likely will go for the same Bridgestones, but just would like to know what others think :Wink:

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On my 7th Generation I had Michelin Pilot Sport tyres and they were amazing,lots of grip but expensive tyres.
    If you can stretch I would recommend them.
    Also heard lots of good things about Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2.

3. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Vote for Bridgestone here. Fitted to my Accord and Impreza,really good tyres .

intruder likes this.
  4. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Zoran! Will check them out :Thumbup:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I've got Michelin Pilot Spot on my 7th Generation, they have amazing grip in all conditions. Expensive but worth it.

intruder likes this.
  6. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks SpeedyGee! :Thumbup: Will check them out :Wink:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Another Michelin vote, my Primary 3s are absolutely excellent in all conditions. The most surprising part about them for me was the distinct lack of cabin noise.

I chose them as most reviews and shoot-outs placed them right at the top, don't regret the purchase one bit.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just a heads up that Michelin are giving a 50 pound fuel card for every 2 tyres purchased from them which should make the whole set a lot cheaper. Just make sure you purchase two tyres at a time to get two cards :Wink:

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Oh you're kidding me, they ran that promotion in April. If it's back again now I well and truly missed the boat getting them fitted last month! :Sobbing:

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Got some good news for you, says here it runs from 1st of June so you may be able to claim a gift voucher. Bad news however is that it's only one claim per car so £50 max fuel card.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...=66Ri967eZNuINPMD5aAmdQ&bvm=bv.48705608,d.ZGU

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I got my hopes up for a sec, turns out I got it done on 28th May. Thanks for the info either way :Smile: