Off-Topic What was the point?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Saturday 7th Mar, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    So I was reversing into a parking space today, nice and slow because there was a rather new and expensive looking Porsche in the space behind me and bollards to my side so I using my reversing camera etc. Eased in and switched off engine and a woman suddenly came up to my window.

She was on her phone but said I was getting too close and she thought I was going to hit her. OK, even though I was going crazy slow I figured she may have got a fright or was just nervous about her pride and joy so I kept it light and polite and said its OK I was using my reversing camera. She said I've got one of those also but I thought you were going to hit me. I just said no problem and that was it. It was all fairly friendly, no big deal although I'm still a little perplexed at the whole thing.

Anyway, when I got back I had a look behind to see how drastically close i was and also why the front of my car was sticking out slightly...

2015-03-07_15.53.27.

2. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I find peoples behavior bizarre on occasion. Is it possible she couldn't see the front of her own car while she was in it and thought you were closer than you were in reality? I think I would look as the spacing before I went and commented to someone about them being too close, personally within a few inches on the front is fine but the ones that leave you needing a tin opener to get into the doors of the car drive me nuts. Parking on the line next to someone is just bad form.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think she was outside the whole time on her phone watching. Know what you mean about being too close at the sides, I was getting as close as possible to the bollards as I had to get my son out on the other side so wanted to leave plenty of room. I hate parking dinks also lol

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If the drainage channel is the line, she should have moved back. I've no sympathy if her car is hit. You are being denied your space and being forced to expose the front of your CR-V because of her selfish parking.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I bet she drives it dead slow not to get it dirty :crazyeyes:

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

As Nels says looks like she is to far forward, look at the cars next to this and you see the same gap approx but in this case the car on the right is to far forward, the next set of cars is also different possitioned ,no clear centre marking seems to be the issue.

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I think the drain is meant to be the line as she had tons of room behind her. Probably just a nervous person?

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Probably nervous because her finance on the car is bigger than her mortgage!

Duc de Pommfrit and SpeedyGee like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Probably leased so any damage she has to pay for :Wink:

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Seems like a rather small and badly designed car park! She is also sligghtly out of her line.

She probably though you were one of these 4x4 mums who just slam and scrape into parking space, so i can't blame her for being cautious, i'm a bit overprotective of my old £500 car, so a 70k Porsche is going to be a bit more precious!