Tyres & Wheels What wheels and ET work best for Accord to keep the comfort okay?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by bjarkiskh, Wednesday 20th Mar, 2013.

1. bjarkiskh New Member Getting Started

Hey everybody, I recently bought an Accord 2,4 Executive 2004 which has the orginal 16 Inch wheels on but i'm looking for new wheels and thought you could help?

I'm considering the TSW wheels that you can see here: http://www.tswalloywheels.com.au/fit...ch_results.php and especially the one that has this part number: 1780MAX405114S76 , it Is
    17x8 with40 ET and is5x114.3Front/Rear and that fitment
    should fit the car. But the OEM ET for honda accord is 55+ and the ET on the TSW wheels are 40+ET so my question is: Is it okay that the ET is 40 and can it fit and not cause any problems with the handling being adversely affected. or importantly destroy the comfort that the car has. And if 40+ ET wouldn't change anything, what size of tires would you buy to have as much comfort in the ride but the wheels have to look good also. (The car will not be lowered) I can see that most people have 235/45/17 but isn't that a little too lowprofile for non lowered car or does it make the car a little uncomfortable? What do you think.

i'm considering those:
    D8iFR9xl.
    and
    8xekB1ql.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello and a warm welcome

Do you want to stick to 17 or you want to go higher?
    I would recommend is ET for the
    Front: 42
    Rear: 45

Rims
    9,5x19 you may need spigot rings and longer lug nuts.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Or sensible option 17" x 8" ET 38mm all round yes 40 will work too.:Wink:

5. bjarkiskh New Member Getting Started

hmm okay, just so you know, the car won't be lowered cause i live in iceland and it doesn't really work because of the speedbumps, i learned that when i lowered my BMW hehe. I really love the TSW full face wheels and think they would be nice on the car with 235/45/17 but i don't want to roll or pull nothing in the car and the OEM ET on the car is 55+ but the TSW wheels have 40+ ET and there was a guy who said this:

("With the low offset and wider wheels it's not going to look very good especially if you're not lowering it. Tire size is dead on, 235/45/17 as it matches the OEM tire diameter which you want so your speedometer/odometer isn't thrown off. If I were you I'd keep the offset at least at +45 and over. +40 and below will stick out past the fenders and if you did ever reconsider lowering it you'd avoid having to roll or even pull the fenders to get those wheels to fit into the wheel wells, unless you ran a high camber which IMO never looks good. Hope that helps.")

So my question is: Is this true? would the wheels stick out past the fenders? i need to be 100% sure cause i will order the wheels to iceland and don't want to be mistaken. cause if they stick out past the fenders i would consider buying the Nurburgring wheels in stead which have 17x7,5 with 45+ ET = Nurburgring Alloy wheels in matte gunmetal, gunmetal w/ mirror cut face, and matte bronze by TSW | www.TSW.com but The TSW have 17x8 40+

Would be really awesome if some1 could check this out for me :Smile:

6. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    firstly OEM tyre size for 17" is 225/45 not 235/45, with ET 40 and 225/45 wheels should be on the same level as fenders, I'm runing on ET38 but I'm lowered, on standard suspension ET38 with tyres 235 looks like that

20120905740a.

also you may have rubbing on the rear wit full load, anyway I'm pretty sure et40 with 225/45 will be fine