General What wheels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by legend-ary, Wednesday 21st Sep, 2016.

1. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    IMG_6125.JPG What wheels are these? I have seen them in Forza but due to move Xbox is in a box
    @BB Baboonface im pretty see you already know the answer ;D

exec and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Chesterfield
    XXR 527 IIRC :Smile:

exec, legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

:Hey: I knew that. ;P

Hahaha I meant that I knew that you would know ;D they are indeed XXR!! Cheers
    - - - Updated - - -
    So much want!!

IMG_6127.JPG IMG_6128.JPG

4. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Haha! Cheers man! :Smile: There are similar designs out there with different fitments if you fancy a set.

Interesting car this, saw it for sale a while back, and it was stated as having a KPro remap making 157.7 to the wheels.
    The interesting part (for me at least) was that it is a VSA model, which Hondata stated as being incompatible due to DBW.

Unfortunately, the seller seemed to be more of a #atebiscuitstoday kind of web user, so could not find any specifics on the setup.
    Can only assume he went with a dual ECU setup similar to those used in the early days with the CL9 Accord/TSX as there were no signs of a cable throttle conversion in engine bay pics.

legend-ary likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @legend-ary STOP IT !!!!!

You're making me want them tooo ! LOL

legend-ary and BB Baboonface like this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

That's the whole point ;D

IMG_6129.JPG IMG_6130.JPG IMG_6131.JPG

Warning! NSFW!!!
    IMG_6132.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Very interesting. IIRC you went from a VSA to a Non VSA EV1 due to this issue so a clued up owner would have saved you a lot of hassle. .. interesting though 157 at the wheels mean 175-180 at crank? That's sweeet

K24 CL9 GUY and BB Baboonface like this.
  7. BB Baboonface Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Seem to remember reading he was an electronics engineer, so maybe he figured it out. My ego want's to think he read one of the threads posted on the subject a couple of years back after bothering various tuners, Hondata, Haltech and AEM, plus a few wire harness manufacturers too. Probably not though lol!

Either way, it would likely mean splitting the VSA function between two ECU's which would not be ideal, the Hondata setup for the TSX deleted the function, which would be deemed unroadworthy by UK law.

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread, here's a few moar pics:

8032d1386969129-concave-%3D-winning-xxr-527-picture-gallery-1175745_488493457911791_1512885159_n.
    D9B60B74-13C1-4255-876B-042C1F9B933A_zps9wnihqfc.

Not taking any high ground here as i have some WORK knockoffs on the car, but the Acura guys were posting about the barrels cracking on these rims.
    In actual fact, if you want the real deal then you want the Weddsport TC105N which seems to be the original design.

weds_tc105n.

legend-ary and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Mmmmmhhhhhhhh so many fine pics :Grin:

legend-ary and BB Baboonface like this.