General What you reckon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moob, Sunday 23rd Aug, 2015.

1. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    So, I bought a new Civic couple of weeks ago from this ex rental company in Liverpool.

Having heard the brakes squeak and the fact it had put on 1500 miles since the advert lead me to question their integrity, so today I opened up the air filter. The car was stamped in the book as being serviced 1800 miles ago. 20150823_171756~01. 20150823_173515~01.

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    You must have put that dirty filter in there because there's no way that would have happened...

moob likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Either your Civic was driving around in wet oily smog or they have made a little mistake there. :dodgydeal:
    They owe you at least a new air filter. What about the oil/oil filter? What else was due for replacement at 25k/2years?

4. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Dunno @Nels I'm trying to find out if the air filter was supposed to be replaced, car is only 12 months old.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've just checked the 8th Generation Accord SvRS schedule and that states every 35k !
    I guess yours is similar, but that's one dirty filter. I wouldn't be happy with that.

6. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Geez.

I'm miffed they stamped a service book when it doesn't look like they've serviced it properly, the oil was quite dark too. If it was properly done they should have cleaned it out.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Does seem right huh !

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Every car I've bought from a dealer has been the same, bad luck or the norm? I'd do a full service for piece of mind.

9. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    I want those feckers to get it serviced and I won't pursue them for falsified document.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd express your concerns to them and show them the evidence. Then try to get some money back and get it serviced at a Honda dealer...good luck!

11. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Got the car booked in to the local Honda dealer tomorrow. They've said they'll do a free inspection and give me a report.

12. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Had car at my local dealer today for a check up due the above concerns.

Tyre repair kit had been used, lucky I didn't get a flat going home from Liverpool to Glasgow.
    They have been in behind my dash for some reason, the sellers that is.
    NSR brake pads 98% worn, advised not to drive the car, possibly a worn caliper??
    Air filter needs replacing

I did ask them to write a report discussing whether they reckoned the car was serviced 1800 miles ago, but they didn't bother, typical dealer.

13. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    you've been driving with the handbrake on LOL
    but seriously, if the OSR pads are not worn, then the NSR caliper is probably seized

14. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    @jimjams, getting pads changed tomorrow, and getting caliper checked etc

Nels likes this.
  15. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Pads and air filter changed.
    Caliper was fine, so who knows what happened to them

16. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Depending on the model, it may not be due untill 37.5K or 36 months under the later Honda servicing schedules.