General Whats a CL8?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by JamesS, Friday 31st Oct, 2014.

1. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    As per the title guys, I have been looking for parts for my CL9 recently and seen a CL8 listed as 4x4. Is this a UK spec car and does it have full time 4drive? If it is, has anyone put a K24 in one lol! :Smile:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Had to look that one up, seems to be a JDM 4WD version, apparently comes with a K20A.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    CL8 and CM3 were JDM cars with active 4x4 drive.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Sticking in a K24 lump wouldn't be hard aside from engine management, you can get them high mileage for about £1500-2000 + import fees. Unfortunately the chassis itself is quite different at the rear, we've had many debates over where it's feasible to import one and use parts to convert a CL9 to 4WD, but it's easiest going the other way around like you mentioned. I've toyed with the idea many times.

That's K20A6 mate, same as the base spec CL7, though even less HP with the rear differential losses.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Leo the CL8 gearing is more like the CR-V it's not made speed the engine is adequate but will never be a WRX.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Oh I know mate, I was just pointing out it wasn't the K20A CL7R/DC5R/FD2 engine.

7. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    This sounds really interesting. Would it need a standalone ECU to run then? :Smile:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    By changing the ECU the car won't become a 4x4 bud , or are you talking about tuning your car.

9. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Lol, sorry didn't make myself clear. Swapping a K24 into the CL8 is defo the way forward, but would it need a standalone ECU to run once in?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    K24 engine , loom and ECU yes

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Possibly another opportunity missed to take the fight to Audi???? :Whistle:

12. AT933 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sirmais
    I cannot find right now the topic, but in Russia they did 4x4 conversion on CU1 accord. I guess there was used parts from SH AWD Legend. And stock CU1 rear suspension to me looked the same as on CL9. So ... my guess ... it is doable.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Cool! Thanks for all the info peeps, going to keep the jap auction sites under watch for a cl8 then! :Smile: