General What's in the box?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harvey, Thursday 5th Mar, 2015.

1. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thought that this might be abit of fun.

everyone loves getting new things for their cars, be it parts or accessories. So figured why not play a game of what's in the box.

So, what's in my box?

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 5th Mar, 2015
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Boot liner?

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope

4. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    It's pretty thin. Floors mats?

5. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

it is quite thin, but no, its not floor mats.

6. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Mud flaps, according to CJ everybody should have mud flaps :gotcha:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  7. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    Fender liners? Splash guard?

Can we get a hint? Mechanical? Cosmetic? Interior? Exterior?

Harvey likes this.
  8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Floor mats?

9. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its not mudflaps, nor is it floor mats either. It is a mechanical part though, well it would be if fitted.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oops sorry I'm on my phone, missed the fact that that had been suggested already

11. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

its ok mate, I forgive you

12. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Aircon Condenser

13. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

ding ding, we have a winner

14. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    Blast. I kept thinking radiator, too.

I don't know if this was an invitation for anyone to join in but, hey, I'll post a photo up. This is a new-old-stock item I bought last year for my Legend. Shift knobs are for scale and to obscure the easily searchable part number.

2015-03-05 15.18.51.

15. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

indeed it was an invitation for anyone to join in, as its all abit of fun really

I'll guess a steering wheel

16. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    Curses, the very first guess!

IMG_7188.JPG

17. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lol, I'm sorry :Frown:
    I just looked at the box and thought, hmm that looks like steering wheel sized, i think if you had not used gear knobs to hide the product codes then and as a size ref then it might have been harder.

Btw great find, I bet that set you back a pretty penny for a leather OE NOS item.

18. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    It was a bit pricey but it's always fun to own one of the last of something. This thing has been sitting on a shelf in this box for the last 20 or more years. It's amusing to note the disparity between the showroom fresh leather and the metal frame collecting surface rust.

19. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your right, its kinda funny with the surface rust and the new unused leather. Wow 20 years is a long time, did you get this from Honda or somewhere else?
    I still find it amazing when I walked into a Vauxhall dealership and ordered a new badge for the tailgate of my 18 year old Astra, or rather former Astra.

20. Captain Slow Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Ken NJ
    I got it directly through Acura. The Legend community in the states has an agreeable relationship with Acura of Augusta. We give them a good amount of business from all over the country which makes them familiar with the parts diagrams for our cars and they offer a small discount. When I call in for mechanical parts I always ask them what random bits and bobs are still available. It's less and less all the time but higher ticket items like this steering wheel are still in stock. Over many years I've personally bought the steering wheel, a leather wrapped automatic shift knob, the last three NOS 5 speed shift knobs, a front lip, a full bra, and a car cover. I'd wager they still have wood consoles in stock for the list price of $1683.87. Or Alpine stereos for $3018.84. I've also heard of someone buying original alloys. The trouble is, all of this stuff is stored in a warehouse in Arizona so you're only communicating with a middle man which makes haggling impossible.

Interesting fact: all of Acura's parts were Honda branded in the US until the late 90's (which is why this wheel has a Honda part number).