Optional Extras What's the best quality car mats to buy

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Racy Jace, Thursday 7th Jan, 2016.

1. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm after some quality car mats. The best I've ever had were in my 1995 Toyota Celiac import. I had some genuine luxury mats that had a really thick wool twist.

Has anyone bought any uber thick mats? If so where from?

In my Accord I had rubber mats with the carpet ones on top. I didn't realise how much it reduced the sound till I took them out.

So far I've seen these

4000gm
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Luxury-Tailored-Car-Mats-Honda-CR-V-12-On-1015-/231327548249?fits=Model:CR-V|Cars+Year:2013&var=&hash=item35dc324359:m:mhT_bDDrZvVbD5c1yHhwX1Q

2200gsm
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-CR-V-4th Generation-12-15-Set-of-3-Platinum-Beige-Tailored-Fitted-Car-Mats-/261375658895?fits=Model:CR-V|Cars+Year:2013&hash=item3cdb340b8f:g:Grin:CwAAOSwNSxVFUTc

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    Not sure on quality, but the £11 ones were surprisingly spot on, very good fit and even had the clips int he right place on the drivers mat.
    Edges were bound nicely and overall, there wasn't anything to really complain about.

End of the day, after 6 months of coming in and out of work, for me, the amount of swarf and crap stuck permanently int he carpet meant I could never warrant spending money on mats, but I would always get two sets of the £11 ones because they tidy up the car and cheap enough that I don't mind throwing them in the bin after a year using them.
    - - - Updated - - -
    https://www.valuecarmats.com/

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Genuine Honda ones, whether rubber or carpet.

The fit on the CR-V in the front is pretty tight, so why take a chance. The carpet ones are pretty good as you'd expect - just like the Accord ones were.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I agree that the accord ones are good. I was just after some super luxury ones like my Toyota that were actually thicker.

I might order some of those 4000gm mats and see what they're like. I may go for creme so the ambience lighting shows up more too.

5. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not sure what colour to go for. Black. Brown. Or sahara desert.

Any thoughts?

20160128_172556. 20160128_172520.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Black would be practical, and perhaps a nice contrast.

The beige (Sahara i assume) would match the rest of the interior.

I wouldn't be sure about brown though...

7. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Personally I would go for black. The Sahara would look fab as long as you're prepared to clean them after every outing. I have the ivory interior in my CR-V and I thought long and hard whether to get the matching ivory mats or black. I know I made the right decision in getting black especially as I cover around 20,000 miles per year. Good luck with your choice!

8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I do about 10k a year so it's not too bad. I might just get a pair of driving shoes to leave in the car and make the passengers wear plastic bags round their feet.

I'll have another look tonight when I get a chance.

9. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My passengers wear these ! LOL

image.

Racy Jace, Zoot and legend-ary like this.
  10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The brown is quite dark actually and looks like black on the floor.

I'm still undecided

20160129_152533.