General What's the top three things you like about your Honda?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Friday 12th Apr, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Having a slow Friday morning so thought I'd keep my positive feelings going with sweet thoughts about my Honda! I was wondering, if you can be bothered, but what are the top three things you like most about your Honda, and perhaps what are three wishes you have just to balance it out a little. It may even help when people are deciding what Honda is best for them but it's really just for a bit of fun! lol

For me:

2005 Honda Accord 2.4i Executive Manual Saloon

I love how quiet and refined the 2.4 engine is when cruising
    I love how understated it looks despite having comparatively good power
    I love how deceptively large the boot considering it's a saloon

I wish there weren't so many interior rattles and squeaks (that mine has - although almost all sorted now woohoo!)
    I wish the brakes were more powerful
    I wish the ride height was slightly lower as standard (i.e. like BMW, SAAB etc)
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Accord 04 2.4 Exec Manual Saloon

Always drives superbly.
    Always quiet no matter the age and mileage, always drives the same no matter what the age.
    Always reliable.
    ONLY THREE ! Not fair .. I'm adding a couple more LOL
    Love the engineering, it all makes good sense.
    Engines just loved to be revved. Engines from other manufacturers seem to scream out don't rev me, don't rev me !! LOL
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

2012 Accord 2.2 I-DTEC EX Automatic Saloon

I love how quiet and refined it is to drive.
    I love how thoroughly engineered it feels.
    I love the reliability and build quality.

I wish Honda actually told people about the Accord :Angry:
    ^^Repeat ^^
  4. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    1) The thought and engineering finesse that goes into Honda products, which gives them the reliability, robustness and performance
    2) Honda customer service/honesty
    3) The peace of mind that results from the above.

One thing I don't like - the fact that the chassis/body work is not as protected against corrosion as I would like.
    bobbybliss and Ichiban like this.
  5. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

well im driving 180 miles from scotland to pick up my 2.4 auto exec 56 plate with only 40,000 miles so up at 5.30 tomorrow
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dd you pick up the car the long journey will unleash the power band of the engine power the longer journeys you do the faster the engine shifts :Wink:
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For me the 7th Generation 2.4 has more than adequate power you can be super fast in stealth mode, the midrange is wonderful. But the 8th Generation make the 7th Generation engine so inferior it's unbelievable. More torquey drive better gearing better fuel efficiency better top end power.. More induction noise and exhaust noise is glorious.

2.4 in the 8th Generation is the car to go for personally.
  8. SiMo_AtR Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

02 Accord Type-R UKDM

Things I like

1) the handling
    2) Plenty of room for the family
    3) the VTEC Kick

Things I don't like

1) The way it takes up my money every month
    2) the rattles - I wish it was more refined
    3) Stupid super soft Honda paint that show scratches way to easily - my car is black
  9. Roylewaa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The reliability
    The comfort
    The VTEC
  10. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yes left at 6 am from glasgow to leeds , the car was in new condition with six honda service stamps , everything works sat nav ECT, the car drive like a dream smooth and fast the paint work was unmarked also credit to the previous lady owner, just one thing can you play dvds in the slot for the sat nav dvd ?
  11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For me:

1: God-like reliability.
    2: Huge MPG capability from the flawless 2.2 I-DTEC engine.
    3: Equipment levels/value for money.
  12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    1. Strange thing to pick first but the clutch system, I can clean change a gear in a fraction of a second with perfect smoothness. It's also very easy to smoothly rev match for the down-shift. Compared to previous cars this is a god-send.
    2. One thing I think is just perfect with the i-VTEC engines is their dual personality. You can drive going about your business in low revs with a quiet purring engine, you want it to shift? The car becomes a whole different beast the second you decide to push it (and past that 3.5k rev range).
    3. Last has got to be comfort and the climate system in general. From the grabbing leather seats with electric controls (that you can adjust while driving) to the simple one-push windscreen defog, or just hit the auto button and an approximate temperature until your satisified - then an 'off' button in easy reach when you're done. While I've driven many cars with climate control, none handle it in such a "no bullsh*t" fashion that just works.
    Can I have a 4? I fricking love my facelift wipers :Innocent:
  13. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

No,not possible i am afraid.
  14. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    2007 Honda Accord Type-S 2.4 Manual saloon in Nighthawk black

I love i-VTEC DOHC engine;
    I love the whole shape of a car, especially rear, dual exhaust & Mugen boot spoiler, also Type-S facelift bumper spoilers in front & rear;
    I love the smooth & quick shifting feel.

I wish it would have more horsepower;
    I wish it would have better paintjob (scratches & stone chips comes up too quickly..);
    I wish interior plastic panels wouldn't rattle (even when I don't listen to the music!!).
    AND I wish it would be all around fully Mugen'ized !!! ha-ha :lol:
  15. bobbybliss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Rob Heerhugowaard

1. The seating position
    2. The manual gearbox
    3. The ride / handling compromise

.. make it a joy to jump in every morning. And afternoon. Always, basicly.
  16. srad34 Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine being a 2000 gen 6 SE....
    1) Its uber quiet and comfy on the road,
    2) The engine is silky smooth to drive, probably the quietest car I have ever had!
    3) It requires little work, leaving me more time to fix my crappy Porsche!

Only downside is that its got a 'flat-cap' reputation, but frankly, I don't care, its too good!
  17. Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

3 things thats great about my honda
    1-very deceiving to those vectra SRI drivers out there
    2-the noise when driven hard ( even though its only got a panel filter)
    3-the looks. My cars a 2002 and looks the dogs with the skirts mini ATR style wheels and spoiler as standard and looks as if it was made Yesterday love it:Wub::vtec: