General whats this

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by the rev, Tuesday 9th Feb, 2016.

1. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom ron telford
    As said. Any idea what this is or was lol. 1st Generation CR-V uk car

Attached Files:

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    is it not a bulb holder to light up when the coin tray is open??

4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Not like mine, I've got control of all four windows and don't have coin holder, unless mines the Israel export model lol.
    - - - Updated - - -
    May be back window switch although mines under door armrest.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Or sunroof control switch ? Its not like mine, maybe a 95/97 model with extra wing mirror and rear window mirror which are all jap home market models.

5. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

does the coin holder have a light?? the back window switch is on the door . just can't make out what is is or isn't at all, no books have it in or anything. not that it does anything lol, if I can't find out I will just put it behind the dash and get a new blanking plug

6. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Hi still stumped I'm afraid, I'm here cars in London so can't check. Mines the base model so I think mines just a blanking plug. How about front fogs or h/lamp washers ? All things I don't have. You could try justgivemethedamnmanual.com where you can download the complete original manual. I tryed but it wouldn't - only on a cheepo €40 tablet.
    Hope that's of use.

7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have gone through about 100 listing for CR-V and 99.9% of them have a blanking plate on here. However there is one on eBay that has a missing plate and a similar cable showing so I guess no one knows..

8. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I'm stumped too. How about would they fit two hood release cables on the assembly line so they could just easy fit L or RHD ? Grasping at straws here, I'm sure I've not got coin tray but can't wait to look. It may be full of gold lol.

9. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    no idea,,,,, just looks similar to the one in my ashtray..

10. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol
    origionaly I thought it was a switch, as its got groves in the white part but it doesn't turn, doesn't light up and goes onto a box about the size of a matchbox. oh well time to look for a blanking plate :Smile:

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can you get a closer picture of it please ?

12. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    The only thing that show up in the drawings are the roof, fog light switch, and a blanking plate. Definitely not for any of those. Can you get any part number on the box it goes into or describe it wires etc. Maybe something aftermarket?

13. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i will haqve a closer look today, but I did have a shifty last night, where is the FRONT foglight switch supposed to be, I have one on the right by the air vent that does the rears ut I can't find the front foglight switch?
    maybe that's it and its broke??

14. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    stuscrv likes this.
  15. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok i brutsly got it from out behind the dash lol and this is it up close
    - - - Updated - - -
    Another pic. Looks like a 2stage switch. But it won't budge at all oh well putback now and im not gonna mess with it lol.

Attached Files:

16. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Somebody definitely put that in themselves. Wonder if its a immobilization/kill switch. Would love to know where those wires go.

17. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    jd1959 likes this.
  18. the rev Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

its got me thinking now, most definatly going to try and trace the wires when im not at work to see where they go.