Tyres & Wheels Wheel fitment help...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Jasper254, Wednesday 27th May, 2015.

1. Jasper254 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Norwich
    Hi guys,

After browsing many wheel fitment threads I am completely mind blown. My Accord is desperate for some new wheels and I've got my eye on these:

Whistler Wheels

Firstly, thoughts on these, do you think they look good? Anyone got any experience with Whistler?
    And if somebody doesn't mind helping me out, will they fit? There are two options on the page and from what I can gather one has a wider profile than the other.

Please let me know what info you need about the car and I'll find out!

Thanks!

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The person you want isn't online right now, but they will be soon.
    @Staff

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The 9.5j variant will definitely not fit without rolling the arches, the 8.5j is a little hard to call, is the car lowered at all?

On 235/35 tyres, which keep the rolling radius close to stock the 8.5s would sit 44.1mm further out than your current rims. I'd suggest grabbing a tape measure and doing some checking with the wheels turned full-lock to see if you'd have any scrubbing at all. My instinct is that you should be okay as long as you're not heavily lowered.

Stock19x8.5 on 235/35
    Diameter634.3mm647.1mm
    Circumference1992.7mm2032.9mm
    Poke33.9mm78mm
    Inset143.9mm138mm
    Speedo error 0%-1.98%
    Reading at 30mph 30mph29.41mph
    Reading at 60mph 60mph58.81mph
    Ride height gain 0mm6.4mm
    Arch gap loss 0mm6.4mm

Jasper254 likes this.
  5. Jasper254 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@DeviateDefiant that is just what I needed. Thanks for the help, the car isn't lowered at all. I am planning on fitting coilovers and lowering to suit the wheels afterwards. I'll have a measure up tonight and see what the result is! Thanks again

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

No problem at all, happy to help :Smile: Let us know your findings.

DJ Wozza likes this.
  7. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Wozza Bromley
    I like the look of them, I had to change ,y OE16"'s as I couldn't bear to look at them, but kept it pretty stock looking, but much smarter with some Civic Type-R EP3 rims I picked up cheaply & had refurbed.
    82906_3_wheels.
    82908_20_EP3_wheels.
    82910_56.

Fingers crossed you get these on!

NottsBiker, DeviateDefiant and MickyB like this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Can I just ask a quick question my daughter has just purchased me a set of Tuner Bolts for my accord. They are 12x1.5.
    My question is will they fit the Santinos or not?
    Thanks and sorry to butt into your thread @Jasper254

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@MickyB, the OEM lug nuts are rounded and all stock wheels I know of are either the ball or flange type shown below (ball being by far the most common).

Aftermarket wheels and most "Tuner" style lug nuts are tapered, you'll often get away with using them with the ball style recesses, but they don't work well on flange types at all.

The thread/pitch is correct :Smile:

lug_nut_types.

Nels likes this.
  10. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:offtopic: sofor my '06 Accord, what type of locking wheel nuts do I need and what thread?

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Thread is 12x1.5, it's the same size on any Honda really. You're best grabbing an OEM set from @Holdcroft Honda, they'll be the rounded type :Smile:

DJ Wozza likes this.
  12. DJ Wozza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks

13. Jasper254 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

@DJ Wozza can't deny they do look great! I am stuck on whether to stick with Honda wheels, keep it OEM. I like the Civic Type-R GT alloys as well. May try to get black centre caps as I don't think that will go with the blue on my Accord. Otherwise I'm sold!

@MickyB no problem, we're all here to learn! And some of us teach! Got to say that this site has been invaluable to me..

SpeedyGee and DJ Wozza like this.
  14. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Remember to let your insurers know if you have wheels other than honda ones, I've heard and read few times that insurance companies refuse to pass claims because of aftermarket wheels retro fitted and insurers aren't made aware, they all look for loopholes to save on money

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Good advice Dirk, even optional extra wheels need to be declared with many insurers.

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll have to compare one with my OEM fitted nuts but from what I remember they look very much the same,when I get one tomorrow I'll post a comparison picture.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now I've got them together I can see what you mean.
    The OEM looks like this
    image.
    Rounded Head
    The Tuner Bolt looks like this
    image.
    Flanged Head
    And together you can see the different heads
    image.
    image.
    What I'm thinking is that I will only fit these for shows etc and I would only use them when the car is static.
    Or do you think they would be ok to use all the time?

18. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd say you need to test them and see how flush they feel against the wheel, they'll torque up okay and hold I'd imagine. Though personally it's not something I'd want to do.

19. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think I'm just going to use them for shows once I'm static.they go with the colour coded Honda dust caps