Tools Wheel nut removal tool recommendations

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Galgo, Wednesday 3rd Jun, 2015.

1. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Although my car has a spacesaver wheel and a jack, it doesn't come with a tool to help me undo/tighten the wheel nuts!

I was thinking of buying one of those wheel brace crossbar things, you know the ones with the different sizes at each end. But I really want something that will help me to undo the wheels without spending all day spraying WD40 on the nuts or jumping up and down on the bar lol

Can anyone recommend a good wheel nut removal tool? I'm guessing I need a breaker bar of some kind?

Just don't want to spend the money on something only for it to be complete carp...
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    19mm Deep socket with a breaker bar will be sturdy and will last you a life time

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    I have used a crossbar brace for absolutely years. Never ever had a single problem with it
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Honestly, I'd consider just grabbing a standard one from a breaker - they do the job well. A breaker bar might be a bit cumbersome to keep in the boot.

When it comes to removing wheel nuts, I always like something I can stand on and put my weight behind when needed :Laughing:
  5. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies.

Is there a particular breaker bar make that's good, or is a Halfords or Draper one alright?

@DeviateDefiant yeah I'm gonna get a standard one as well. I guess someone lost/nicked the original one somewhere along the way.
    DeviateDefiant likes this.