Detailing wheel sealant

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Beefy, Tuesday 20th Dec, 2011.

1. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Just thought i would share a brilliant product. WheelSealant. When i have wheels worth pampering i use this stuff! The finnish is amazing enough but after a few coats it lasts for months. stopping brake dust and grime from sticking to the wheels and you can almost simply jet the wheels clean again! caunt reccomend this stuff enough. P1000005. P1000238. IMG_0117.

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here Beef, this is an outstanding product, I have been using it for a good 6 year now and it just works flawlessly.

The brake dust just flies off with the water pressure armed with my Ez detail brush and Bilberry Wheel Cleaner makes light work.

My top tip remove the wheel from the car give the internals of the alloys a good clean then apply atleast 5 layers of thin coats,You will never get brake pitting.

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    thats what i did with my 306 wheels as soon as they were pwdercoated. this made sure they were perfect from day one as you can see from the pics. i would definately reccomend applying this stuff to brand new wheels in the same way CJ suggested.

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is that that stuff you put on your ST24? They looked like new wheels

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    yeh same stuff. it damb good stuff for new and old alloys, ide describe it as a polish and chemical sealent and its a doddle to put on and take off. a must have product for the car detailing connesour!!

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HAve you got a contact or link where some can be bought. My daughter has just got the black Hole show glaze and the Natty`s paste wax for her Megane but can`t get this(out of stock) and wants to do her alloys next week after they have been refurbed.

Cheers think I may just nick some of this from her :Aghast:

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    www.cleanyourcar.co.uk is where i get most my valeting stuff from. there is a section for wheels and it is in there. you won't get it in halfords thats for sure! never seen it anywhere other than internet.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks she found a place near us today had a run up they were quite cheap as well think 8oz cost around £8.45 don't know if that's cheap or not.?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    good price is that mickyb! nice find.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oops she bought that much stuff I got mixed up the wheel wax was £12 special as she bought a lot of gear. Maguiers tyre gel was £8.45.
    Along with freebies aplicator pads cloths sponge demister pad ??
    I'll dig their shop out of e bay and post it up later.

12. Azzy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got some from the Autosport Motorshow as did my mate, smells nice!! but not as nice as natty's wax (blue) mmm bubblegum

so now I have (waiting for a nice day and getting my car back from the dealers)

Car Lack 68, I was going to match this with Collinite or any of 3 other recommended Carnuba variations, but seeing as I was at the poorboys stand..
    Poorboys Natty's wax (blue)
    Poorboys wheel wax
    Meguiers wheel Gel

we have a leather sofa cleaning kit, and a pot of leather conditioner/waterproofer I got at a motor show at least a decade ago, has lots of beeswax n stuff in it, so may just use those and save some pennies

I have to admit unless I get some good results first time they may end up on the shelf with the Mer, AutoGlym super resin Polish, turtlewax black and some other random polishes... I am lazy with car care..

Az

13. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    With car detailing products, you get the quality you pay for. And, cars aren't cheap anyway. So you can't just use any old thing off the shelf. If this product works well, then it's more than worth this price. For the money I've already invested into 'my baby', i'd more than gladly sink a few extra dollars into making her look good.

14. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Through a happy accident I found that Autoglym Super Resin Polish works really well on alloys, the dust and grime just wipes off really easy with cloth or even tissue paper. It also saves time, money and effort :Smile:

15. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Iv'e always used the spray type from Halfords etc but this sounds amazing stuff. T

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Interesting thoughts and products list but which last the longest if the key//

I would say safely PBWS last a good 2 weeks
    Blackfire sealant last a month

how does your product fare?

17. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Great stuff, I use it on my wheels, keeps the brake dust from getting embedded and stops the salt damage.