General Wheel trims.

Discussion in '1st Generation (1976-1981)' started by hedleyf, Thursday 23rd Apr, 2015.

1. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    I have noticed on many pictures and several first gen cars a Crome surround that that fits inside the wheel around the valve circumference ,on the American sites they refer to them as beauty rings,they seem to finish the car off and I would be interested in a set if anyone can help,:Grin:

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I've seen those and think they look good on some hotrods, but in my opinion (limited as my experience may be) I think it's quite difficult to use them and still look tasteful. For the totally blinged out look (as long as you're blinging up the rest of the car) then they may look in place, but blinging up a car tastefully is even more difficult.

That said, I'd be keen to see how it looks on your car if you get some. Maybe see if you can get some photo-shopped onto a picture of your car to see beforehand ?

3. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do not want to bling it to much just thought they looked smart, noticed that Monkeyboy has them on his car you can view it at the foot of one of his posts or in the garage, interested to know what people think as I don't want to spoil the car.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dave speak to @tviracing he may have the chrome rings they do look superb.

I would prefer white wall tyres than them personally.

HondaHeritage likes this.
  5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    thanks cj for the heads up but alas cannot help on these their 13" 12" I've found are available but i will keep my eyes open
    there where 13" alloys made for Accords as a dealership extra
    what PCD wheels are on your car 120 or 100?

regards
    slim

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, I think off the top of my head the 1st Generation accord are 120 but will check, should not really make a difference as they seem to sit on the rim recess as would a wheel trim.
    Cheers.

7. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi
    what i was implying is if your wheels are 120pcd honda made an alloy wheel for your car which could be an alternative choice for you as they do occasionally turn up
    heres an example of a set i sold to one of the 1st Generation group last on the right fit nice on a 1st Generation Civic

regards
    slim

IMG_9299_zps58be369a.

8. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

They look good nice period accessory and enhance the look as well, I,m in no rush ,thought the rings would be good as it will not deviate from the original, because my car is completely original I feel I need to keep it this way, but maybe period alloys will not be breaking the rules.