Aftermarket Kit Where can I get a poly bush set from for my gen 6

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Robert Eden, Saturday 3rd Jan, 2015.

1. Robert Eden Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

as title guys n girls I've decided that to buy upper and lower arms is gunna be expensive I thought I'd just replace all the bushes but can't find anywhere that sells them I've tried vtecdirect and ebay

2. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do not work for Honda so don't take this as gospel.
    Some car makers do not supply separate bush'es as they can be a pig of a job to fit often requiring the use of a hydraulic press, they sometimes need to be set in a certain position so they are stressed when the car is in its rest position.
    May I suggest that you see if they are available from Honda, if not this May be the reason.
    Some I have changed on certain cars have involved burning the old ones out,not a nice job.
    Good luck:Smile:

3. Robert Eden Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for the reply I'll go and speak to Honda on Monday

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    When it comes to Honda I'm usually of the opinion to go OEM for the quality but if cost is a priority then have you considered decent 3rd party arms if possible/available?

I remember getting poly bushes for my rear diff mount on the MPS but that was because of the torque and stress involved plus the Mazda stock were too soft and a bit crap. Usually poly bushes in general would make things a little more harsh also.

Nighthawk likes this.
  5. Robert Eden Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yer it was 3rd party arms I priced up with all the bits it comes to nearly £400 I was hoping that this was going to be a cheapish fix but obviously not lol

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    How many arms is that and does it include labour or would you be doing it yourself?

7. Robert Eden Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Both arms stabiliser bars and drop links

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    @Robert Eden - please take some pictures and document the process for other Gen 6 owners.

Also, put your car into the club garage, it will help users identify your vehicle easier and be able to offer better advice.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If it is all the parts I am thinking of then £400 seems pretty good if it's decent 3rd party makes. Even if poly bushes can be sourcd the labour side of it for pressing would probably negate any saving unless you strip the parts off for them first.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not aware of any poly bush sets existing for the 6th Generation, if they do, I'm sure they're catered to the ATR and Euro-R. Which 6th Generation model do you own? Are you just looking to tighten up the handling a bit?