In-Depth Where is the 7th and 8th Generation Honda Accord Manufactured?

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Saturday 10th Dec, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For a lot of Accord Owners this comes as a surprise when told the 7th and 8th Generation Accord is not manufactured at Swindon. The 6th Generation Accord was the last Accord which Honda of the UK Manufacturing made in the UK. With the advent of the 7th Generation Accord the production was moved to the city of Sayama in Saitama prefecture.

The The Sayama Factory. is ingrained into Honda history it started car production in 1964, it produced the Legend, Accord,Odyssey, CR-V,Inspire,Step Wagon, Erishion,Hurido, Stream and the Jazz Hybrid.

top.
    factory-photo01.

The cars are then shipped to the UK or Gent in Belgium for European deliveries they are sent on large car containers to The Honda Distribution Centre at Avonmouth.

cars4a-large.
    NYKLine.JPG

At the Avonmouth centre the certain factory fitted accessory options are installed as per the orders received form dealers. if the customer wants 18 inch wheel the wheel swaps are done here at the PDI stage. On completion they are shipped across the country by road or by trains to respective dealers.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is the true Theatre of Dreams.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it certainly the source of quality products. just brilliant manufacturing and that what's given the title of uk most reliable car.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How i would like to visit factory and see how everything works but i don't think that will ever happen.

5. korky Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What a good idea .I think most accord owners would love to visit the factory .cj is this feasible !

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would love too I and the rest have tried and tried but its gone to deaf ears. http://hondakarma.com/threads/582/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014