General Where to Buy Alloy Wheels?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chunkylover53, Monday 8th Sep, 2014.

1. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've finally saved enough to buy a nice new set of alloys after I lost yet another wheel trim (no I'm not bad at parking, aftermarket wheel trims don't properly fit on Honda steel wheels so they come off on the motorway)

In particular these - Dezent V dark 15 inch 4x114.3. That said I am open to changing my mind, ideally I wanted a standard silver alloy with black lining (not sure what you call it).

If anybody knows another other companies + their respective website/phone numbers pls feel free to post them below.

I already have a small list:

rimstyle.com
    topgear.co.uk
    wheelbasealloys.com
    performancealloys.com
    alloywheelworld.co.uk
    alloywheels.com
    directalloys.co.uk

If anybody knows another other companies + their respective website/phone numbers pls feel free to post them below.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not great on knowing places to buy from, though I have loads of alloy wheel possibilities in my head :Laughing:

What's your loose budget, and are you keeping your current tyres?

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah I'm going to keep my current tyres so the alloys have to accept 195 60 15. I've considered going for 16 inches but it'll come to another £300 for new tyres which could be spent better elsewhere.

Budget is £400 which I guess isn't much but there's very little choice anyway with the odd PCD.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Have you considered buying some second original wheels?

Those dezent ones look nice though.

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Okay, with the odd size you are extremely limited and I'm not finding much :Laughing:

Do you know the specs of the stock wheels including offsets?

I wouldn't rule out second-hand wheels either, specially considering if you get them cheap enough you can budget in a refurb in whatever colour you want. These below seem quite a bargain, and despite the mis-matched tyres being too small, they will work fine with yours:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I took a look at OEM Honda ones but its almost impossible to find ones in good nick plus they don't really appeal to me (6-10 well defined spokes on alloys seems to appeal to me after looking at my shortlist).

@DeviateDefiant I believe the offset is 40 and width is 6.5J so maybe the second set will fit?

7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Have you tried Rota wheels?
    JDM replica alloy wheel designs. Light weight and very good quality.
    Had them in the past on previous Civics
    Very well known in he Honda scene (specifically Civics and Integra's)

Rare Rims | Rota Wheels UK

There are always a few floating around on ebay in our PCD fitment as EP3 owners usually buy them too

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

All 3 sets will fit then without issue, you're talking tiny amounts of differences between them, even the 7js will fit.

Rota are a good shout @Accord_N22, but he needs 4x114.3, EP3s and CN1/CL9s are 5×114.3.

9. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ahhh, I see.
    Rare rims do sell their rims in 4x114.3 fitments but are quite pricey for a set of four

Example - the r spec (similar rim to the face lift Integra £550 for four with no tyres
    Rare Rims | Rota Wheels UK

10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Interesting - how would I know how many spacers/spigot rings etc I have to give to the fitters if I get alloys off eBay?

Most websites give a free fitting kit so all I have to do is buy some locking wheel nuts and I'm sorted.

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I ended up getting the wheels for £308 which was well below what I was expecting to pay so very happy with that, only issue is that I have to wait 10 days for delivery which means I have to postpone my MOT too which leads to another question:

The earliest date for my MOT is the 11th of Sept, if I do the test on the 26th of Sept will the car MOT anniversary be preserved or will the earliest I can do it next year be 26th of Sept?

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If your MOT is done within a certain number of days before the old one runs out, then you will not be penalised and thus start when the old one ends. It should have the info on the reminder.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you can have a MOT done 4 weeks before the current one expires

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just checked my MOT. On there it states the earliest date that you can have your MOT and preserve the expiry date of your current one.
    Therefore, if your earliest date is 11th Sept (your current MOT expires 10th Oct?) you can have it done any time from the 11th before the 10th Oct. However, leaving it too close to the deadline gives you no time to address anything if she fails.

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Congrats mate, looking forward to seeing the pics. I paid Kwik-Fit £20 for a tyre transfer between wheels with new stems :Smile:

16. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Why not a set of genuine Honda alloys from another accord?

17. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Aesthetically I prefer thin spokes but I did take a good look at Honda alloys.

The 1st Generation Jazz ones had the wrong PCD, 7th Generation Civic had a different width and offset. That said even if I did find a decent set, it would set me back around £150 after delivery then I would have to spend another £100 on refurbing them (in the least) so it would all add up. At least with these alloys the fitment is guaranteed, fitting kit is included and is brand new so all I gotta do is seal the alloys and I'm set.

FirstHonda likes this.
  18. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't fancys some Integra DC2 alloys then?

19. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They look good but it has 5 studs, non type-r Accords are 4 stud :Frown:

20. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

early DC2's where 4 stud mate, I've looked at them myself, they are 114.3mm, and gen 6 Accords are 114mm, so they should fit fine.
    - - - Updated - - -

here ya go if ya don't believe me.

Chunkylover53 and Nels like this.