General Where to buy fog lights.

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Fiskekutteren, Tuesday 26th Jan, 2016.

1. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    I live in Denmark and here it is extremely difficult to find any new og used fog lights for my CG9 Accord.

Do any of you know places in Britain or any where else in the world, where i can buy a set.

I need the pre facelift ones. Aftermarket or original both are fine.

Thanks for your time :findout:

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    your best bet would be to check eBay.co.uk and search for people breaking the desired model Accord and just ask them for the fogs.
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -
    sorry missed the part where you said you are looking for NEW ones.
    found these.. don't know if these are relevant but keep and eye something might turn up

3. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    I have tried looking at ebay.co.uk. But many of the sellers don't want to send to Denmark.

Do you know of these will fit my car.

They are from china and i am a little sceptical on if they do fit my car.

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    might be a bit long winded but ask someone in UK or any other country they ship to buy it for you and post it.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I actually have a spare set used that I took off from my Dads old motor when it got scrapped, I might sell it sometime in the near future.

But beaware that you will need the looms and wiring if you actually want to use the fog lights and not just for styling. (I have the interior switch too)

Fiskekutteren and legend-ary like this.
  6. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    How much do you want for them?

The interior switch would be nice too. :Smile:

7. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Exec.

Remember i live in Denmark not Britain. :Wink:

8. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I found a set in a scrapyard some time ago, and I got them for £10, I also got the switch. However I could not locate a new genuine loom from dealers in the UK so I bought a universal loom from ebay which cost £20, from a company called britelitz, its actually pretty good and has all weatherproofed connectors, and I think I can make it work with the switch I have,

Is it not worth checking out local vehicle dismantlers/breakers or even national ones closer to you, in case they have cars in for breaking?

Fiskekutteren likes this.
  9. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    I have tried the locale breakers but the fog lights are either already taken or broken.

Do you have a direct link to the universal loom from ebay. i can't seem to find it my self.

10. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is a shame, but keep looking, it took me some time to find an undamaged or complete set. It seems that only Executive models had foglights as standard. However if you spot an LS or SE spec car with them, then they where fitted either by the dealer or by the customer with the correct parts. If you see these be sure to grab the wiring looms as well, as they are like rocking horse manure to get hold of! It will be in two sections, the front that plugs in behind one of the headlights and runs to the fogs and the other, which connects to the fusbox, has the relay and switch attatched. All of it is plug and play!

Ebay Fog Loom

11. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    I will keep looking and thank you for the link :Smile:

Harvey likes this.
  12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your welcome.

13. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    @Fiskekutteren I would want £40 for the lot, delivery is going to be expensive though tracked delivery to Denmark is around £42 with Royal mail, so very expensive.

14. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    @exec

How do you get £42.

According to their calculator i get £17 to £20 for shipping to denmark for a 2.KG small package which i presume would be enough?. :Smile:

Attached Files:

15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    These are the options I'm selecting, Denmark > Parcel > 2kg > Value = upto £50 > Size = Parcel (big, not small) > Result = 3 prices
    - - - Updated - - -
    I just realised too I don't think I have the correct switch, I have the one for the back fog lights! Bleurgh!

16. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    @exec

I will reply back when i know more :Wink:

17. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    @exec
    I found a buyer on Ebay.co.uk who was willing to send to Denmark. the price was 60 GBP with shipping.
    So i am not interested in your fog lights anymore. Thank you for your time :Smile:.

Thank you, to everyone. It has helped me a lot.

The Fog lights should come before the next weekend. and i am planning to do a post, when i have finish installing them.
    My friend is a very skillful mechanic, so we are going to make a loom ourselves.

Greetings.

exec, Harvey and AccordCU2 like this.
  18. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well done mate and I look forward to your installation

19. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Glad to hear you got that sorted, let us know how you progress!

20. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    I am planning to install the foglights this Friday or Saturday, so stay tuned. :excited:

carid, exec and Harvey like this.