General Where's the most fun place you have taken your Accord?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abbey, Wednesday 27th Jun, 2012.

1. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My Accord is fairly new, so I've been babying it so far. Not taking for long drives. But one of these days, maybe during the summer, I want to go for a really long drive. Or, perhaps do an impromptu road trip up to Atlanta or over to Savannah with my daughter. She's never been to the beach. And, I think it could be the most fun place to go. Of course, the ride there in the Accord will be superb, considering the easy road handling.

What's the most fun destination you have taken your Accord?
  2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've never really been anywhere overly interesting but would love to tour France in it with a few mates. We planned it a few years ago but it never got off the ground.
  3. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

France would be a lovely place to tour. For me, it would probably just be a drive through the Southwest. Or, maybe up country and into Canada. I'm not much of a world traveler. And, still so many beautiful places in the states, I've yet to discover.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last year I went to the lake district we were in Ambleside and my wife wanted to go to Wastwarer which was voted as Britains favourite view.
    So I got out my trusty sat nav(Type-S ) doesn't have the luxury of one set Wastwater and off we went over the Hard knott pass!!! Please google this as it scared the crap out if me. It's the narrowest, steepest road I have ever driven and in 55 years I've travelled many a long and winding road. This takes some beating. Scary as he'll but at the end what a view. Breathtakingly beautiful.
  5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry check out my photographs. There's some of the beautiful view in there oh and the scenery isn't bad either ha ha ha
  6. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

One of my most vivid memories is when my family drove up to Kennesaw mountain, in Georgia, when i was a child. And, my dad drove the car along the side of the mountain. The road was very narrow and the incline was steep. It was one of the most horrifying experiences ever. I was very happy to be past that situation. Good brakes are a must in that situation.
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The odd thing about hard knott is there's a brewery half way across. I drive an HGV for a living but give me motorways everytime. Those brewery drivers must be like the sheep on the hills there fearless and hardy.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or just plain stupid???
  9. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

10. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just been to France in mine, 1300 miles in 10 days, all very easy comfortable miles.
    Ichiban likes this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    1300 miles that a good run bud, any pictures of the trip.?
  12. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nah mate, left the camera at home, plenty of good memories though.

Got loads of camping gear in the cavernous load space which was still nowhere near full...used the Honda satnav to get climate control kept things very pleasant...the 2.4 engine made very light work of the autoroutes and never missed a beat...only problem was still no sign of life from the TMC, ah well can't have everything!
  13. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good to hear you had a nice time. As for myself, i've not taken my new Accord on any long trips yet. I'm still waiting for the right opportunity. Maybe a little later in the summer. Though it will be nice to travel in such luxury. As you say the climate control feature makes the ride very pleasant.
  14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Resurrecting some old threads to see if we can get some new stuff in them.
  15. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Jim mytown
    if I were a few decades younger, it would be "Where's the most fun place inside your Accord" LOL
    MickyB likes this.
  16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Last year drove it to Durdle Door, some of the rural roads on the way were great fun to drive on. Pic of it on the hill there in my car profile thingy.
  17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fantastic place I was stationed at Lulworth for a couple of years whilst serving.
  18. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Arran. No speed cameras, no speed traps, only two police cars for the whole island and lots of nice twisty roads.
    Harvey and MickyB like this.
  19. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Buttertub Pass everytime!
    Nels, exec and legend-ary like this.
  20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We need to have a club run over there!!!
    Harvey, exec and jimjams like this.