Electrical & Lights Which battery to get?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by exec, Saturday 16th Mar, 2013.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Hi

The battery in my Accord seems to be slowly dying, so I am in need of a new but not sure what to get.

Putting the reg of my car in EuroCarParts or there sister site comes up with these:

Linky

Linky

There seems to be a difference between those two one is 005 and other is 014. Which one will be suitable for my car?

Car is a 1999 2.0.

Cheers

2. IDTEC Special Partner Club Affiliate

Lee Cheshire
    Genuine honda all day long
    call gareth or lee on 01782 261593 monday am and we will get you one out for tuesday. 33.99 + vat

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I'll give that a go, that is a big difference to the ECP prices! Is it all ordered on the phone then? I was hoping to use some of my funds in my paypal account :Tongue:

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Over the phone by card. Genuine Honda battery as well.

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Cheers for info. I'm guessing I won't be eligible for any discounts though seeing as I probably don't meet some criteria or something.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just give them a call and they'll look after you.

7. IDTEC Special Partner Club Affiliate

Lee Cheshire
    don't forget to mention your an AOC member

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just for your info I replaced my battery on my old CM1 2.0 SE 4 years from new battery from HH . The replacement battery the is still going strong 6 years later and passes all test at every test.

That's outlasted the factory battery :Aghast:. Bosch well if their dishwashers blow up and catch fire so easily would you buy their expensive batteries when Honda makes better and far cheaper?

Japanese cars live longer and stronger without German parts. Well ask our Diesel owners how last their Bosch bits last on their Honda's . that will give you an indication if there ever was.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just bought one from them, fantastic price and service! Glad I asked here first before I bought from ECP. They also accept PayPal albeit an extra 3% is charged cos of the silly Paypal fees.

Thanks for the help and advice y'all and thanks to the guys at Holdcroft.

10. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Even with PayPal fees you've no doubt saved a few £'s. Another happy customer of HH!

11. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Saved a good fair amount! and with the added bonus that its approved by the manufacturer, and having the paypal option was good as I wanted to use my funds in there and it was just an irrelevant amount more with the additional paypal fee.

Just another quick Q when I change the battery, is the ECU going to reset itself? Also anything else i should be aware of? I have the OEM stereo but have code for it so I can unlock that.

Cheers