Electrical & Lights Which bulbs for main beam in 7th Generation?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by bijomaru, Wednesday 10th Jul, 2013.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Can someone confirm which bulbs go to 7th Generation main beam? autobulbsdirect says H1 but I think that's incorrect as when I pulled the square plug it doesn't look like H1 bulb. No word of it in the manual.

Are these H7?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its is H1 one mate even for the high beam.

Item 21

B__0800.

3. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Ah, I saw the back of Item 5 and thought well that's not H1

Need to start using Lings Honda for diagrams more often :Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you have a low beam blow out and you need a H1 bulb you could remove the one from the high beam and swap it for the interim and be safe! :Wink:

5. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

Good one! Now I just have to work out how to get to the actual high beam bulb :Smile:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will have to move the inner plastic wheel liner to get your hands in..

7. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    is it possible to change those high beam bulbs with those super white ones

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Best if you going to replace with brighter bulbs would be - Philips X-Treme or Osram night breaker Plus. Both are big improvement on stock Osram will be cheapest about £12 eBay Philips £20 give or take eBay again. Neither will be Very white but will be better light than stock. I have used both of these, do not be tempted by Ring +120% as I found these burnt out in my dip beam very quickly. Just my experience ..

Last edited: Sunday 22nd Sep, 2013
  9. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx man:GoodJob:

10. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you go for Osram make sure they are the PLUS ones lots of older ones about and they won't last as long. I have just bought some from a guy on eBay for £12 he's is in Wellingborough Northampton
    They are a fraction dimmer than the Philips but about £8-£10 cheaper depending where you buy. No point in spending more than you need to...

11. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
  12. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good choice I had these in my dip beam. Good bulbs get the ring ones for main beam they don't get as much use and will make a big diff over the stock ones. Not much in it between Philips and Osram but I think the Philips have a slight edge
    Good choice :Smile:

13. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can this Xenon HID Conversion Kit H7-Slim Ballast 6000k- 2 Years Warranty (8) | eBay be put on the low/short/main beam light as a replacement?
    5000k or 6000k?
    it's ok, safe to put the ballast inside the beam light case or not?
    i saw it has enough space but it's safe to stay there?
    i have not seen any wires getting out from the beam light case from where you normally replace the the light bulb!
    maybe somebody could answer...
    cheers

Last edited: Saturday 26th Oct, 2013
  14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    jonyyybe, I recently replaced my dipped beam H1 with a HID kit. The ballasts themselves can fit nearly under the headlight housings with no issues - one side is metal chassis, the other side is the thermoset plastic on the underside of the headlights, no worrying about heat. I dremmel'd a round hole in the back cover of the dipped lights and used a rubber grommet for the wiring to neatly go through. Obviously the bulbs themselves just fit into the existing holder, and the old wiring just gets plugged into the ballast loom. I see absolutely no reason to go for H7s and make the job harder.

If you went the same route, you've just got to drop the bumper and loosen the bolts holding the headlights in place to do it all, not a hard job.

apXtQ2b.

I used a Kensun kit that you can find on Amazon, the bulb covers actually had a picture of an Accord on which gave me a lot of faith when they arrived. More info here.

Last edited: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  15. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

hi,
    thanks for the reply...i thought that H7 fits H1 kit when we speak about xenon...now i know that i must put H1...cheers...but

1. why did you go for 35w instead of 55w
    2. why didn't you mount the ballast inside the headlight case, there is plenty of space...!
    it getting too hot the ballast or it can't be fixed secure inside?

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    1. We all know the dipped beam is a bit lousy on the non-HID 7th Gens, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to a "not quite legal" kit that improved on what I had. I didn't want to dazzle other drivers so I went with 35w and left the full beam how it was.
    2. Too much heat and nowhere for it to escape. It could be secured in there no doubt, but I'd rather have it somewhere where it will be partially ventilated. It was just my call at the time.

17. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

back after took a good look inside my headlight unit and i saw inside on one wall it's a white paper like the bubble envelops from post office...
    do somebody else got this inside the unit?
    what is that?

hyasin, yes...and the 2 photos with the HID inside are not on mine car...somebody who made a diy on other forum..

What you need:

- Slim HID kit of your choise. (I chose VVME 35W with 5000k bulbs).
    - Good quality double sided sticky tape (I used 3M).
    - Electrical tape.
    - 10 mm socket wrench of some sort.
    - Knife and/or scissors.
    - Time (1 hour or so).
    - Place (with something to sit on and something to work on, much easier that way).

Park your car and remove the keys. No need to remove the battery if you do not want to, there is no current to the head lights when the car is of.
    I am doing the right side of the car in this guide.
    First you need to remove the window washer funnel top (or whatever it's called in English) by removing the 10mm bolt holding it down

20131030_122731. fEcHGh. naNGXh.

Last edited: Wednesday 30th Oct, 2013
  18. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    don't know what that is, this isnt there on my CL7 which is same yr as urs,
    will have a look again.
    By the way, did u manage to find a detailed DIY on installing HIDs?

19. jonyyybe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i thought that the heat it self will absorb the condensation made...and do not need something to absorb the humidity from inside...
    and why i have this and others not?

Last edited: Wednesday 30th Oct, 2013
  20. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    then jonnybe, urs is probably much better built then others :Wink: