General which CR-V do I want?

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by JKsully, Monday 21st Dec, 2015.

1. JKsully Member

United Kingdom JKsully Merseyside
    Hi, after being carless for nearly 3 years! Due to moving out of the city centre I now find a need for a car and after much searching, I am hooked on the CR-V. I am looking at the bargain basement/cheap end of the scale. Would a late 1st Generation be better than an early 2nd Generation??

I want petrol, manual and must have remote central locking.. Sunroof would be nice but not essential. Which model year and trim would suit me best? I hate autos, don't do enough miles to justify a derv.. But Remote C/L is a must..

Never really noticed CR-Vs before, but I can see the appeal. I was going to go for a full size 4x4, but parking is a nightmare and I don't actually need a big one, so CR-V it is.. Would be used mostly for camping trips and shopping duties.. No commuting.

Thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi @JKsully I can't give you any specific CR-V advice but I'd say generally speaking going for a facelift or later generation of a car is always better but that bumps the costs up, so I guess you'll need to play it by ear and see what crops up for sale.

Last edited: Monday 21st Dec, 2015
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@JKsully

I'd say, that at that end of the market and price, you are better off going for service history and overall condition rather than Gen 1 vs Gen 2.

legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Hi, was reading your thread and wondered did you make a choice or purchase yet? Best wishes stu.