General which CR-V do I want?

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by JKsully, Monday 21st Dec, 2015.

1. JKsully Member

United Kingdom JKsully Merseyside
    Hi, after being carless for nearly 3 years! Due to moving out of the city centre I now find a need for a car and after much searching, I am hooked on the CR-V. I am looking at the bargain basement/cheap end of the scale. Would a late 1st Generation be better than an early 2nd Generation??

I want petrol, manual and must have remote central locking.. Sunroof would be nice but not essential. Which model year and trim would suit me best? I hate autos, don't do enough miles to justify a derv.. But Remote C/L is a must..

Never really noticed CR-Vs before, but I can see the appeal. I was going to go for a full size 4x4, but parking is a nightmare and I don't actually need a big one, so CR-V it is.. Would be used mostly for camping trips and shopping duties.. No commuting.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi @JKsully I can't give you any specific CR-V advice but I'd say generally speaking going for a facelift or later generation of a car is always better but that bumps the costs up, so I guess you'll need to play it by ear and see what crops up for sale.
    Last edited: Monday 21st Dec, 2015
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd say, that at that end of the market and price, you are better off going for service history and overall condition rather than Gen 1 vs Gen 2.
    legend-ary and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Hi, was reading your thread and wondered did you make a choice or purchase yet? Best wishes stu.