Optional Extras Which generation of CR-V do these roof bars belong to?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by rikernumber1, Monday 8th Sep, 2014.

1. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Hi All,

I bought a 3rd Generation CR-V a couple of months ago. Prior to taking delivery, I came across a set of roof bars advertised on eBay, about 2 mins from where I live - they were advertised as roof bars for a CR-V from 2007 onwards. At the time, I didn't have the car, but it seemed like too good an opportunity to pass up, so I got them (at a good price), put them in the shed and forgot about them....until a couple of days before I went on holiday. At that point I discovered there was no way they were going to fit my 2008 3rd Generation CR-V. I suspect they are 2nd Generation ones.

I could go back to the person, or I could simply sell them on again - but I need to confirm they will fit a 2nd Generation CR-V - can someone confirm this for me, from the fittings shown in the pictures?

thanks in advance,

Roofbars01. Roofbars02. Roofbars03.
  2. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    They certainly look like 2nd Generation ones, if you decide to sell them on let me know, as it would be nice to have some for my 2nd Generation.