Suspension, Steering and Brakes Which Hub and Bearing kit?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by carents, Wednesday 9th Jan, 2013.

1. carents Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys,

Had enough of turning up radio, because of the bearing noise from rear. "Bearing is unbearable now!"

Already got one replaced few months ago (they managed to arrange only one :Frown: ), but the other one driving me crazy now.

Found 4 different types

1. Ebay, unbranded obviously, for 45 pounds, manufactured by eliteauto
    2. Honda genuine, 137£
    3. SNR: 104£
    4. Lucas: 73£

Totally confused for which one to go. I'd personally prefer genuine, but its way expensive, and a bit doubtful about ebay one. Can somebody help please.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    How new are the tyres ? If they are old, try changing tyres before you look at changing hubs.

Or alternatively put your front wheels on the back ones and see how that goes.

3. carents Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Front tyres have done only 5K miles, rear ones are in good condition. Already told by the mechanic that its the bearing. Because when I got one replaced 5 months ago, the noise lowered a bit, but its gone worse now really.

Also, I believe because of that rubbing resulting in resonance and vibration. There are few more noises from surrounding if you are in the driver seat.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Just thought I highlight the tyre swap to you, so you've had a checked out and it does need a bearing .. fair enough.

Always best to try and go with genuine parts.

Have you tried calling Holdcroft Honda, you will get a discounted price for being an Accord Owners Club member, just mention your a member.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/433/

If you can't yet see the Sponsors section due to low post count, the number for Holdcroft Honda is Tel: 01782 261593

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
    carents likes this.
  5. carents Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Straightaway was offered 15% off and free delivery. Thanks for that. But is it really worth? Lucas and SNR are that unreliable?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    carents likes this.
  7. martin rowe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what name is on the bearing in the Honda box, Honda don't make bearings.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Of course car manufacturers don't make many parts themselves, parts are made by suppliers who make them to the design and spec dictated to them by the manufacturer.

Are you suggesting that for all parts you should find out who the part is made by and try and get that part direct from the part supplier ?

9. carents Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys for helpful answers. I will go for the genuine one. Thanks SpeedyGee for Holdcroft Honda number! Will keep updated as what happens when I get it replaced.