Pre-Facelift Model which model do I have??

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by J.A.M, Thursday 27th Sep, 2012.

1. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 54 plate diesel tourer. When I look online on parkers for example, it says my car is the i ctdi. But my badge is the I-CTDI! Only reason asking us because ones 0-60 is one second quicker. And the in two insurance brackets higher. Any one know which I should believe?

Many thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There was only one I-CTDI engine in the Accord 7th Generation, the I-DTEC has two type of engines. As for 0-60 time saloons will be quicker than the tourers.

Insurance bracket do change as per the model specification ie. SE S EX EX-GT on the 7th Generation

3. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So the 7th Generation is 1st feb 2004 to 1st sept 2005?

4. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Those different engines performance and insurance figures were both for a executive tourer.

5. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/honda/accord/tourer-2003/

6. Jon_G Guest

Interesting - the 7th Generation did have a facelift (and got a 6-speed gearbox) some time in (in think) 2006. That might make the 0-60 different. But the years quoted in Parkers don't tie up. The engine remained the same.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    7th Gens are available from 2003 to 2007

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I wouldn't place too much value on any 0-60 (or MPG) figures quoted by sources like Parkers. Real life figures are much different.

9. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was more interested in the insurance groups. Ones 24 and ones 27 I think.

10. J.A.M Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Did they change the ICTDI badge with the facelift too?

11. Jon_G Guest

No, I never would... but that's not really the point! I'm guessing that Parkers have actually made several mistakes in the description of this vehicle.

12. icyclecomp New Member Getting Started

I am about to buy a 55plate diesel ex with 75k miles. I would like to know if this is the facelift version as I am concerned about the cam/timing chain issues and the fact that the injectors have to be replaced as well. If any one can that would be appreciate

13. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    2002 to early 2008, I believe mate :Wink: I have really seen some 7th Generation saloons with 08 reg and with 52 reg.

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I recently traded in my 04 Accord EX Tourer I-CTDI that I had had from new. It never missed a beat, and the only problems that I had with it were due to the powered tailgate in the early models. That was cured after a few visits and new motor and struts. It still drove like a new car when I changed it in December. Much will depend upon how this car has been treated and if it was regularly serviced. You should be able to check on its service history. If it has been serviced at the correct intervals by a Honda service agent then I shouldn't worry too much.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Robbie I hear what you saying but the reality still is diesel cars on the majority don't get regular servicing some of them have massive gaping holes in the service history.

16. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I agree, but the Honda I-CTDI engine shouldn't be given a bad name due to poor owners. I just don't recognise the problems that people say this engine has. I never had a problem with the manifold or timing chain. Certainly, it was quiet for a diesel, whereas Mercedes, Vauxhalls and Fords could be heard some distance away. My I-DTEC is the same: when I'm stopped at traffic lights it is difficult to know if the stop/start has kicked in.

17. AceAccord86 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

If its a 55 plate I would expect that is a pre-facelift. I could be wrong but I think the facelift Accords came in early 2006.

Some good indicators are that the facelift cars have a 6 speed gearbox and a trip computer.