Engine & Gearbox which oil to use on 2004 Honda Accord 2.4 executive manual

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by simbac, Wednesday 13th Feb, 2013.

1. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    Hie forum i just bought a 04 honda accord ex UK with 89k miles. im new to Honda and i stay in Namibia. i wanted to ask if 20w-50 castrol oil is good for the car since it is the most commonly used oil here in Namibia. I heard on the forum that its too thick and is not suitable for the car. please help before i kill my new honda motor. Please advice me for the best oil to use on this car since namibia is very hot throughout the year.
    Has anyone have a link to download the Manual for this car. thanx guys

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi mate,
    Welcome. I had a look for 'severe conditions', which include high temperatures. Manual says: change oil every 10.000 km.
    Oil viscosity: thickest allowed in a 2004 petrol 2.0 or 2.4 is 15W40. So don't put 20W50 in your car!!

3. simbac Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Namibia
    thanx I-DSI. Do you haveany idea about the things that i must look for on that motor, i mean the common faults of that car that i might meet during the course and anything done to prevent them from happening

- - - Updated - - -

thanx I-DSI. Do you have any idea about the things that i must look for on that motor, i mean the common faults of that car that i might meet during the course and anything done to prevent them from happening

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014