Tools Which pressure washer

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by Smokingman, Monday 1st Feb, 2016.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi all.
    I'm looking for a pressuer washer, but which one. Just really need it for the car and odd patio. Can the output pressure be turned down? budget upto about £200

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think we've discussed this before. I've done a quick search and come up with this thread
    (despite the title it does actually talk about different pressure washers)

But there maybe other threads too.

I've got a little Karcher and it has developed a leak internally somewhere. I need to open it have a look what the issue is.

If I was buying again I would probably go for Makita.

Pressure can be turned down depending on what lance you are using.
  3. Denso23 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Denso23 London
    I like makita as a company, but I beleive they outsource the build of them to some company in Europe.

The best money can buy, is Kranzle, they use slow revving motors and are designed to last 20 years. It that's too expensive then Nifilsik is good option as well
  4. I've got a nilfisk and its been brilliant. Cleaned a 3 car driveway, the brickwork of the house and countless weekly car washes
  5. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Been happy enough with my karcher ... Got it very cheap through their online clearance site.
    Although I honestly cannot see it lasting forever.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to Screwfix
    Screwfix seem to be having a sale on them .. cheaper than Karcher atm :O
  7. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    I have the exact issue with my Karcher as well speedy.
    Time to spend some money on a Makita I think
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I bought my first Karcher 30+ years ago, and it's still going. I do also have a newer Eco one.
    I do like to keep things clean, so they are used regularly.
  9. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    My Bosch is getting old now but is still a great pressure washer.
  10. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Used karcher in my old business , the king of cleaners.
    But as in anything else you get what you pay for. £70 is going to be rubbish, minimum requirement is an induction motor. Tried the cheaper ones, burnt them out in a day but I guess if you only clean your car a few times a year there ok.
  11. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a nilfisk 130 psi pressure washer. It works well but when compared to the £1000 versions it's seems weak. The thing is my £130 pressure cleans my car just fine and it did a great job on my patio slabs too. Just pick what power you want.
  12. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have a Karcher K2, I bought it purely for car washing, though to be honest its a great little cleaner, but the downside I have come across is that the basic K2 with the wheels and black handle, the hose it comes with is waaaay to short. Idealy it needs to be about 7 metres to easily do a car all around. In the end I bought the 7.5 metre extra hose and lance set and spent the extra money on Karchers own snow foam bottle.

I think If I was to buy it again I would have bought the K4 model rather than the K2, but at the time it was £89 in Halfords, so can't really grumble for the price paid. I will say this, it may not be super powerfull but it does a fantastic job in keeping my car clean. Along with my dads CR-V, my friends Saab 9-3 Aero. my neighbours Audi and Jaguar and my other neighbours Jazz.
    legend-ary and Nels like this.
  13. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I don't really need one now as Abdul and his brothren do a good job for £7 at the local car wash.
  14. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thats the thing mate, alot of people like to wash their cars themselves as they know it's either done properly, to their liking and they know there won't be any adittional scratches put there by careless care washes
  15. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Your right mate, each to their own, as I've mentioned before I used to store my motor in a dusty hay barn over the winter, there was no water on site so I tried showroom shine. Its bloody brilliant. Why anyone bothers with buckets, hosepipes sponges and all the other stuff is beyond me.
    We're also lucky in the south as it hasn't snowed for years so no need to jet wash underneath.
    As an ex pro car valeter this topic is about the only thing I know about, if you've never tried that stuff I'd erdge you to give it a try.