ICE & HFT Which SOT lead for 09 EX cdti?

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by s60r, Tuesday 4th Nov, 2014.

1. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    Hi all,

I'm about to install a bluetooth streamer/phone/aux in to the FR-V. There are 2 different SOT leads listed.... one is for non amplified and the other is for amplified.

I'm going to order the non amplified. I take that to mean external amplifier rather than just the on board amp in the OEM head unit.

Would you all agree?

This is the one (I think)!

Many thanks

:Smile:

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this.
    Bump to anyone else that can help please. :help:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Sorry, I'm not sure either.

4. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    Thanks chaps.... It's almost impossible to tell unless you've tried it and either succeeded or failed I think. 1 lead is £10 and the other is £40 odd so I will buy the cheaper one! :Wink:

Trying to install either a TK30 motorola or the io play2. Both nice units but both need these "sound on top" or SOT leads.

Just need to find a "how to" to get the inbuilt head unit out now! Any pointer there would be welcomed too! :Smile:

Once I have this sorted I will post up the outcome as the io play in particular looks the best solution around if you want to keep the OEM look as I do.

Thanks again.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I think there's some guides on dismantling console area to get head unit out.

You could opt for the cheaper lead and if it doesn't work out it's not a big loss I guess.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

s60r and Nels like this.
  7. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    Thanks very much! Thats perfect. It will give me a start.

I have ordered the non amp SOT will see how it goes!

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
  9. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    More a part update.... :Smile:

I have the SOT lead, ordered the non amped SOT 908 in the end as it seemed the logical thing to do.

I have not as yet dug the dashboard apart to get confirmation.....as soon as I do I will post on here with some pics. :Smile:

I will hopefully get this sorted in the next 3-4 days when time allows.

Bones126 likes this.
  10. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    s60r likes this.
  11. s60r Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jas West Sussex
    Thanks bones.... that gives me a great insight into getting to the existing head unit. I still have the Honda integrated set up, hence the need for the SOT connector.

Glad yours worked out ok, the xlink looks a similar product apart from it having no dedicated music amplifier.... it relies on the headunit, which is fine in your case as you have a good aftermarket solution. The i/o play2 has 4 x 45w which is handy when you have the standard OEM unit.

Will tackle this as soon as I get time.

All the best with the upcoming birth :Smile:

Thanks again.

:Thumbup:

Bones126 likes this.