General Who has done the most miles in their 8th Generation?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by earthsciencer1, Sunday 6th Mar, 2016.

1. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    I have had my 2013 8th Generation for just under 2 years now and have covered 27k faultless miles.

This led me to wonder who has the hardest working 8th Generation on here and what, if any, problems have been experienced at higher mileages. As my car is a Diesel I am particularly interested in issues surrounding the DPF (and have read the DPF threads keenly) but I am really interested to know of other members' experience of all variants of the Accord,

Thanks for any replies.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    30K here on the 8th Generation 4th year coming up soon.

3. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

63,000 faultless miles in 3 years

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    67k now and hasn't missed a beat since ownership

Ichiban likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I did 45k miles in my previous 8th Generation I-DTEC automatic in three years.

Faultless apart from the alloy wheels replaced under warranty without fuss after a few months due to minor lacquer lifting.

Best. Car. Ever.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

42K Miles in four and half years i had it.
    Few minor things that have been sorted under warranty but it looks like i could be having first very expensive problem with mine.

7. Kristian Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Norway Kristian Stokmarknes
    143800km or 89000 miles, whereas I covered the last 60000km during my 3.5 years of ownership. Second DPF since new, the first one lasted 131000km.

8. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

What is the problem Zor ?

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not 100% confirmed yet but it looks like both driveshafts are fecked and will need replacement.
    Checked wheels etc but it all points to driveshafts which are very expensive.
    Need to book it in to be sure before i spend any money.

10. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Not good mate are you getting any knocking

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No knocking while driving but very bad vibration over 60mph.
    Balance,alignment and all the usual suspects have been checked so it must be a driveshaft or that's what i think anyway.
    I'll try to get it sorted over Easter period.

12. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

This might be something I need to look forward to then mate.
    Let me no how you get on bud

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will do.
    Soon as i know what it is I'll let you know.

2.4 8thGen likes this.
  14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine was 2 years old on 21st February. 29,500 miles and to be honest it has been the most problematic Accord I've ever had:

Rusty bonnet hinges at 3 months old
    signs of corrosion beginning on seam inside rain gutter under boot lid - fixed with Honda genuine touch up paint kit and masking tape by myself. Basically I painted it and then larded lacquer on - the clear coat they should apply in the factory :Rolf:
    New clutch master cylinder at around 9 months old
    New clutch at 22 months old
    Windscreen side trim lifting despite this being a 2009MY issue but never happened on my 2009 CU1 :detective:

All repaired under warranty but it is an Accord - the warranty is there in case of the remote possibility you'll need it it's not actually expected to be used.

Is it the curse of I-DTEC I wonder....

All other Accords I've had have been trouble free except for blown door speakers on my CU1 done under warranty
    - - - Updated - - -
    Still love it though :Wub:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You should have bought a Petrol mate, I told then you needed to press them to source one. I-DTEC are not bad but come on its a weasel you can't get the weasel out of it and refine it.

Let see what the Dirt Sanchez is like when it lands, Having had the blasted Insipid for so long and tried all diesels it made one thing clear these super diesel are total placebo effect. The MPG you get on all diesels is the same its the way you drive it,but boy do they sound like a bag of nails when they are cold not to mention take 20 minutes before they kick out heat into the cockpit. Diesel suck mate I BLOODY HATE em.

16. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 7th Generation (2003 petrol Sport) went from 49k to 127k in the 6 years that I owned it, with very few problems other than wear and tear. This one is up to 87k from 54k when I bought it in October 2014, again only wear and tear.

17. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    You'll be learning (given a lot of time) to love them soooooooon!!!