Off-Topic Whose expecting the storm to hit ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SpeedyGee, Sunday 27th Oct, 2013.

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It's all calm in the Midlands at the moment, is it this the calm before the storm, Lol ?

2. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I'm down in south wales and it hasn't really kicked off here yet ! not due until gone midnight apparently ?

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I'm down on Dartmoor about 8 miles into the moors from Tavistock we have the rain but winds are not too bad at the moment should start to get interesting about 1 ish from what I see of the weather reports.. Hope not to bad as off to Plymouth tomorrow.. Could do without blocked roads and uprooted trees

4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've seen some wild weather on Dartmoor during my military career!!! Hope you are well battened down and have plenty of warm dry clothes. Stay safe.

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nothing major in Kent, just heavy rain.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The wind is really kicking off here now (Bucks) - very wild - but was calm until about an hour ago...the forecast reckons the worst here is over the next couple of hours...

Update - in the last 30 minutes or so I've lost about 15 tiles from my garage roof and a fence is broken. It is brutal here, not seen anything like this for years. We usually miss the worst, but not this time. :Sobbing:

Last edited: Monday 28th Oct, 2013
  7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am in Cambridge right now and is a bit windy but nowhere near what they were saying.
    Will see whats it like when I get further south.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

BBC weather say that the worst winds are on the "back edge" of the storm, across Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, and Hertfordshire now, and then Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk over the next couple of hours, with it clearing into the North Sea by about 10am.

They weren't kidding about how bad it was going to be here - fingers crossed it has calmed down a bit here now - I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as that, strongest winds I can remember, including 1987 (although we weren't that badly affected by that one, luckily).

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No good.I am on my way to Bishop Strotford (Essex)
    Everyone stay safe.

10. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It was just heavy rain in Northampton at about 06.15 this morning -

- - - Updated - - -