General Why a Honda???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malibu, Wednesday 11th Jul, 2012.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As I have not been a lifelong Honda-ist, but now a definite convert, who would now never buy another make , it made me wonder what it is that attracted you to a honda over other cars?
    For me it was feeling so safe in the car, being comfortable & for a big car being so easy to drive rather than feeling like a tank!!

2. John999 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DERBY
    It's easy for me,I had a 2006 Civic ex for 3 years,it never missed a beat in 50k mls,so what did I do when I fancied a change? I bought a SAAB rag-top,3 months later SAAB went broke,and were in the middle of the worst summer on record. Every time I turned the key on the SAAB I was never sure of a response,but Honda...you know it's going to work and never let you down.
    Most of my mates have German cars, soulless and when they go wrong..it's re-mortgage time.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John I had a hearty laugh at that, as for me I must have been born to be a Hondaman through and through.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

No 1 for reliability, simple as.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In the past i had Pug,Fiat etc which spent more time in the garage then on the road so i decided to buy Honda for its known reliability.
    Not so good experience with my diesel Accord but then swapped for my current petrol and so far so good.Best car i ever owned.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes, we had a Honda Civic before the accord, nice car but not big enough for us all!! I always used to think saab's were nice to look at ( much to cj's disgust ) but he said that was a girl thing & apparently some research to back this up !!!

Our daughter now wants a Honda ( of course) but it has to be pink !!! Lol

7. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Definately!

8. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Early days for me yet, i only had an almera before this so not tried much else yet.

My car has been very good to me but i'll try something else next to see the difference. Judging by what others are saying i'll be back to honda some time.

9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Isnt a pug a dog???

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry Helen i meant Peugeot!

11. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yes most definitely... In fact I bet when you learned to talk, Honda was your first words!!! Lol....

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wasn't prepared to have a Honda drive be taken up by a posh Vauxhall no way ..I just hope our daughter snaps out Penelope Pitstop fascination with all things pink..

13. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lol lol lol!!!

14. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I doubt it & even if she does , if u tell her no, she will go & do it anyway!!! Ha ha aren't u going to have fun to look forward too

15. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    Gotta be the safety factor for me, especially with a little kid in the car for the ride along. I can't risk break downs, so Honda's reliability always wins out. Before she was born, i owned several clunkers and learned my lesson early on as one after another broke down in all the wrong places. Not ever gonna let that happen now. I paid a bit more for my Accord but so worth the peace of mind knowing we will drive and arrive home safe.

16. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Always thought Honda the best in all respects of the Japanese Manufactures. I likes their innovation, design and quality of their engineering.

I had VW Audi even oh (cj) forgive me - three BMWs ... I had 2nd Generation Golfs Gti 's for many many many years and have had all of the nice fast ones. I enjoyed their quality, reliability and the performance of the rarer models. I was a member of the GTi owners club for many years and even raced them amuture level for a few years. I am still a massive fan of the 2nd Generation.

What drew me to handa was yet another turbo on my A6 having had the german quality engineered 6 speed gear box rebuilt oh and the new fly wheel and clutch oh and the new rear door lock oh and the rear wiper motor oh and the auto dim mirror oh and the alarm module oh auto level motor for the factory fit headlights oh and the EGR valve.. Same faults as my previous passat sport and my wifes started to go the same way.

German cars do not mean quality or good engineering and certainly not innovation.. In the end I just got sick of them..

Honda reliability, design and cutting edge image was what attracted me. I considered other makes but Honda won out easily. I wanted a diesel, sorry don't like petrol cars much and even with the issues of the 7th Generation which I researched here on this site before buying I was determined to find a good one and have never looked back. H badge stands for quality reliability and innovation and some cutting edge engineering ..

BMW Audi Merc just shows your either a snob or of questionable intelligence.. Sorry to all German fans who see this..

These are my views only and not shared or condoned in anyway by anyone else that I am aware of..

So if you want a trouble free and enjoyable life on the road GO BUY A HONDA:Thumbup:

17. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

new honda showroom

The street i park and ride a bus in to town from is growing into a honda car yard. :Smile:

image.

image.

image.

Ichiban likes this.
  18. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I considered getting a second hand A8 at one stage...very glad I didn't after reading this.

Sorry for going off topic.

19. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Oh so wise..:Smile:

Ichiban likes this.
  20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds