General Why am I always searching for my next car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbrooks65, Saturday 2nd Aug, 2014.

1. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Basically I want what you can't get - a reliable, fast, 7 seat, 4x4 that will return 50mpg. So I'm forever searching - never content.

2 cars would tick all the boxes but that's twice the cost of everything and my wife doesn't drive so we only need 1 car.

I thought I had cracked it a few years ago and I apologise because it isn't a Honda - a Volvo V70R with factory fitted 7 seat option and aftermarket LPG conversion. It would do everything. Except, apparently the LPG conversion can cause all sorts of reliability problems so I ruled it out.

Just wondered if anyone else suffers from the same affliction. It's a PITA to be honest because my Accord is a great car.
  2. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    Audi Q7?
  3. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    Audi Q7 is a good shout but fuel economy is the problem. A work colleague has one and gets 35mpg at best.

My list of requirements is unrealistic which is why I compromise which is why I'm never content. :Smile:
  4. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

LPG conversion is very good if installed properly and shouldn't cause any reliability problems.
    @SpeedyGee Accord has done over 100k miles on LPG without any problems whatsoever IIRC.
    don't trust everything you hear about LPG.
    Find a proper and reputable installer and you will have best of both worlds, Good MPG and a car that suits you.
    Volvo sound like a good option.
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  5. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    I don't know much about LPG conversions so maybe I've only read the problems - as is the way with forums sometimes - you don't often hear about the successes.

Anyway, think I just need a boot up the a*se, stop dreaming and be happy with what I've got. :Smile:

OR......maybe there's a market for a 7 seat CR-V with a tuned 1.6 I-DTEC!
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    HondaKarma resident LPG installer here... I concur with everything that @Zoran has said. Knowledgeable installer and appropriately chosen LPG system to suit the car and you'll have no problems at all.
    dbrooks65 likes this.
  7. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Pays to have an installation checked over by an approved / knowledgable installer if buying used...
    Says he, looking for a suitable estate... :Smile: